Routing problems

Is that page located in a subfolder in your site root?
Are the files listed as missing there in your site root on the server at all??

The files listed are in a subfolder.

The problem must be that the “DashboardBTS” is missing in the URL (check it below)

The url is http://localhost:8888/dmxAppConnect/dmxAppConnect.js
and it should be: http://localhost:8888/DashboardBTS/dmxAppConnect/dmxAppConnect.js

I am asking about the page you are loading in the browser. Is it in a subfolder in the site root or is it in the site root?

The page (index.html) is in the root (localhost:8888/DashboardBTS).

The topbar menu (the one that loads all those js files), is inside a folder called “partials” (in the url localhost:8888/DashboardBTS/partials).

The problem is that the topbar menu is looking for the files without going first to “DashboardBTS”

I am not sure I understand this.
Can you please explain what exactly have you done there, what is this topbar menu, how is it related to the index page etc.?

The index page loads the topbar menu as a div. Is a dashboard page I bought from Hyper.

So the index page calls the topbar menu like this:
div id=“vertical-topbar-placeholder”

Oh, but you are including a whole page in another page (with all its head/body/html tags) in a div, using some third party script then? That’s not how it works. You should be using serverside includes:

And include just the parts of the page you need there, not the whole page.

Currently your links in that include page point to a folder up ../ which is fine for the page itself, as it is located in a subfolder in the root. But when included in a page in your root, the links become invalid as they point one level up the site root!
That’s why you see these errors … the files are just not one level above the root, but in a folder in the root.

You should reconsider including this page using ssi and use root relative links in it, so they are always valid, no matter the folder structure.

Oh, so I have to change all of my html extensions to php? Do I have to change something in the code of the topbar menu or the index?

You need to put ONLY the required parts of the design in your include (check the SSI docs please!) and not include the whole page.

I’ve already purchased this page, but… Isn’t there any easiest way to implement a dashboard menu that is collapsable and “user friendly” for all kind of screens (AND COMPATIBLE WITH WAPPLER)?

I mean… The page design is taking me an enormous amount of time when it should be something easier.

To be honest, you could probably build it from scratch a lot faster than trying to work with a third party template.

Is there any tutorial on creating a dashboard?

There is no ‘Dashboard’ tutorial as a dashboard can contain many different things. The basics to know are:

• Bootstrap Fundamentals
  • Server Connect Queries
  • Server Connect Insert
  • Server Connect Update
  • Server Connect Delete
  • Server Connect Security Provider

Understanding these will get you well on your way to creating dashboards. There is tutorials for all of this in the documentation.

You will also need tto understand MySQL databases and how they work.

1 Like