Routing problems with external admin template for bootstrap 5

Based on your experience with external themes is routing the only issue or you also loose a lot of wappler functionalities ?

The problem with third party themes and people with no or low experience with HTML/CSS/JS is that they are not aware of what may go wrong and how to debug. They donā€™t know what third party scripts from the theme developers are used and how are they used.

Based on posts in this community, third party templates/themes only cause problems to people with no experience in web development, for the reasons above.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait someone develop and sell wappler themes then :wink:

You can build your own themes inside Wappler, instead of waisting time fiddling with third party scripts and codes.

Itā€™s what iā€™m doing, i did few tries but sounds more problems than anything else.

Itā€™s true, in fact, first panel that I started doing with wappler is with bootstrap 5, but wappler include 5.0.2 bootstrap, new version is now 5.1.0 and updating to this new version cause a lot of changes.
Wappler is able to do any theme using bootstrap 5.0.2 version, it just that I didnā€™t planning a quick grow of functionalyties, and before starting doing a mess with old theme, I migrate to new theme without realize that tiny problems like data- attibutes that could breakes functionalities, beyond that, my new current theme works just perfect. Desesperation in trying to solve things fast I didnā€™t realize that could test part to part to debug and find the problem until now.

My experience until now using external templates

Pros

• Most of functionalities in css, jquery, and a tons of features comes out of the box.
  • Easy to replace tables, content or any dinamyc data with wappler Data Bindings.
  • Depending of the template, most libraries comes up to date like bootstrap.

Cons:

• Using out of the box sample comes with a tons of unnecesary code or functionalities that probably not using, just checking that, for me this is even more faster that start from zero in wappler.

Only never start with blank page sample using the admin external theme, in that case is better start using wappler from begining.