Responsive Fullscreen Swiper

In this tutorial we will show you how to create a fullscreen Swiper, similar to the one we created in THIS SHOWCASE.
This will require us to add 4 lines of CSS through the Styles panel, but everything is really easy even for beginners.

We start with a blank page, as we don’t want anything else on the page. Right click App:

Open Components and add Swiper:

Then right click the swiper component:

And add a slide:

That’s enough for us to apply the custom styles we need. Select the Swiper component (1) and open the Styles panel (2):

Click the Add New Rule button:

We select to create a custom CSS file, as we don’t have one included on the page:

Browse to the folder, where you want to store it, add a name for the custom CSS file and save it:

You will see the new selector added and waiting for some rules:

You need to add the following rule there height: 100vh - this will make the Swiper take 100% of the height of viewport:

We are done with styling the Swiper container. Now let’s switch back to App Structure:

Select the swiper slide (1) and click the Styles panel (2) so we can add some styles to the swiper slides:

Add new rule:

Select your custom CSS file:

Add the following rules to the div.swiper-slide selector which is added there:

background-size: cover;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: center;

We are done with customizing the Swiper and Swiper Slides. No more CSS rules are needed, now the Swiper is taking 100% height and 100% width of the screen. Also the Slides images will always be fullscreen and centered.

What we need to do now, should be done separately for each of your slides. I.e. - we need to add an image in each slide. The images will be set as background images, so just switch to Design panel:

Under Background, click the browse icon to select a background image:

Select and add it:

Your image is now set for this slide:

Add as many slides as you wish, and add a background image for each of them. Setup the Swiper effects, paging and controls and you are done!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Design panel is missing

@Teodor,
I already made THIS PAGE for the third time and when I get to this point, the preloader stop working and if resize the window is very slow to refresh.
What am I doing wrong?

Sorry I missed something? How we put the text on the slides ?

Well, you need to set the text position to absolute and position it where you need it.

Ok, I checked the source code of the showcase. I thought this was possible in design view and add component.
:sleeping:

1 Like

Quick Question, and it might be a stupid one. Everytime I add a background image to a slide, it applies to all my slides. Is there an option in the design panel to specify that I am only making changes local to that one slide and not globally for all slides?

Hi @whlrb
In order to have a different image in different slides, you will need to create a different class for each slide - or do this manually in the Styles panel, using #id in the CSS instead.

I ended up doing it manually. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hi @Teodor
How did you made the text animations?
I can’t make it work with Enter animation or in view animation.
the app structure is like this:

These are the swiper parallax options. Select your text/titles and add new dynamic attribute. Under Swiper Parallax category you will see:

Play wit the values to find the most suitable effect for you.

2 Likes

What does px-3 py-2 do in the slide text classes?

Also is there a way to make them in random order? Perhaps from a database?

I’m going to try and build one of these tonight and just trying to understand what’s going on.

These are bootstrap padding classes ... the ones added on your element when you use the sliders for padding:
px-3 -> padding on x axis 3 i.e. padding-left 3 and padding-right 3
py-2 -> padding on y axis 2 i.e. padding-top 2 and padding-bottom 2

To make what in random order exactly?

The slides. So that it isn't the same slide being first every time. Also, is it still possible to have a navigation header above and more content below the swiper?

Well yes, just use the randomize formatter.

So you don't actually the swiper layout i used for this tutorial? Just add it on your page as you do usually, adding your content above and below it.

1 Like

Great, thanks! I will give it a go tonight.