Hello friends
First, I would like to congratulate you on the excellent work done at Wappler. It´s fantastic!
i’m a newbie and I come from another development tool called Windev/Webdev.
One of the strengths of this tool is an integrated report generator. In my opinion, this is exactly what Wappler lacks, reports. I made a quick video to show how easy it is to make a report on webdev and I’m putting the link below.
I have a forum with over 500 users who are eager to change their development tool and I think if the wappler had that, it would certainly motivate many to switch from wappler.
I hope you guys implement it soon, it’s what’s missing in the tool for us to create robust business systems.
Thanks!
video

Have serious doubts if they will do this.

How we setup reporting is creating html pages - fairly normal stuff do with Wappler - allows to handle really complex stuff.

Then convert the html to pdf using puppeteer by passing the url itself (nodejs only, for php there is mpdf, not sure what can be done for asp).

Rather simple and powerful. Not limited by any framework. Full flexibility. 0 learning curve for those who can develop dynamic html pages via wappler.

2 Likes

There are dozens of tools out there to generate reports directly from database data.

Can’t you just use something like Power Bi for this?

Reporting is related to Operations and not Development. I doubt it fits in Wappler.

1 Like

Indeed reports like that can be done with Wappler using a web page. So you need a dynamic page with your data and an export button.
There are free custom extensions created by @nshkrsh and his team, which allow you to export to PDF.

4 Likes

nodejs html to pdf wappler module: HTML to PDF Action - NodeJS & PHP [Open Source]

all open source wappler modules and formatters built by us: https://gitlab.com/wappler-extensions

4 Likes

very good.
as I said I’m still learning, but during the next week I’ll be testing your module.
Thanks for sharing your codes and your knowledge!

Don’t understand how to pass my html file here?
Please could you explain how it works.

you can pass the page URL here
(we use a complex tokenised system for generating one time use links on our reports for secure access on server side only)

or just copy paste your HTML code as it is or map a variable that contains the HTML code.

1 Like