Reduction code not working to buy PRO

I want to purchase a Pro licence, but the reduction code which is in my DMX account turns out to be invalid.
Apparantly my dmx account is still using an old email adres and wappler is using my new email address.

How can I get it to work?
I can not find the option in wappler to change my email address and if I would change it in dmxzone then it would reset my account. (I don’t know what that means)

Hi Bart! Welcome to Wappler - great to see you here as well! Long time DMXzone user - one of the first!

Do you have access to your old email address that is registered on DMXzone (fotofobie…) ?

Hi, Bart.
I do not know if it’s the same problem but …
I had the same problem when buying my license. I applied the discount coupon I received in my email but the system only applies the coupon and does not reduce the value of the product in the Wappler shopping cart. And I only discovered the error when I received the invoice from my credit card with the amount without the discount. The system applies the code but not the total value. I contacted the Wappler team they informed me that this problem would be fixed soon. Apparently not yet.

Just to make it clear - to get the DMXzone discount, your email here must be exactly the same as on DMXzone. If the emails don’t match and you don’t want to use the old DMXzone email - just send me a private message so we can fix it.

@Nussemeyer your 20% discount was applied to your already low priced Pro Educational Monthly subscription. Please check the invoice you received.

yes, it still works for receiving, but it forwards to my new address.
What happens if I update my dmxzone email address?
Will the code become valid then?

If you want to use your new e-mail address. We will have to manually update the dmxzone one and also issue you a new discount code.

Is that that ok to you?

yes great, no problem, perfect for me, as long as all extensions will keep on working in DW.
old DW account is fotofobie@p…can change to bart@g…

thanks!

All changed @Bart_Van_Sichem - try again with the new discount code listed in your dmxzone profile and the new email that you have used here ( I changed it to be the same on dmxzone as well)

Thanks George, sorry for the late reply, I was still a bit in holiday mode.
The code works fine and I used it, but where can I edit my company profile?
I need the invoice on my company. (Guba Guba bvba) or do you get it from my VAT number?

Hi Bart,

Welcome back :slight_smile:

I made sure your address is not entered so yo should see it together with the VAT number on your next invoice.

Enjoy Wappler!