Random Order in a Paged Query

You need to:

  1. Use your random view for a regular query
  2. On your page add the server action returning this query and the data view component.
  3. Select the server action as a data view source. Setup the data view records per page and other options.
  4. Create your repeat region using the data view as a source.
  5. Create your paging using the data view as a source.

Thanks Teodor. I will give it a go. I appreciate your support.

Dang! I'm so close!

I'm stuck on number 5. The paging generator doesn't work so I assume I have to set up paging manually? I assume I need to create previous and next buttons but how do I link them?

Edit: Figured it out! I learned something new today. Thanks Teodor! Love Wappler! :beers:

The advantage of client-side paging is that you don’t need extra server requests, you get all the data at page load and then page through them, no loading so very fast. The disadvantage is that with very large datasets initial loading can take long.

Thanks Patrick. That helps for me to decide when to use each method. Both methods are very easily done in Wappler. Nice work!