Query Manager - unble to select query parameters when trying to set a value

======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : 3.9.1
Operating System : Mac
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySql8
Hosting Type: AWS DOCKER

I wish to be able to set a value in the query managers parameter.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

I go to ‘Set’ in the Query Manager options in AC, and the ‘Name’ has a blank drop-down and nothing is listed when I open it.

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 11.10.38 am

There are currently 5 parameters set in the Query Manager, I just can’t set/remove/removea all.

1 Like

What page is that and where is the query manager component added exactly?

Node Project.
Using a Layout > Content Page.
This is a Content Page and the Query Manager is applied to the Content Page, and the query parameters created on the content page within the Query Manager.

And what if you add the query manager on the layout page? Are its items available on the content page then?

Just tried this for you, still the same problem unfortunately.

Make sure to define the query params on your layout page (you don’t need the query manager there).
Click App, click Define Query Params and add them:

Then they will be available to pick on the content page using the query manager added there.

Hmm, is this a workaround or the way it ‘should’ function?

If this is the case - then as the layout page is global across the whole app I could end up having 40+ parameters across the entire app, even on pages that do not use query params at all - this doesn’t seem optimum?

1 Like

Checked this - they should actually be visible in the picker even if defined on the content page. We will check this.

2 Likes

Thank you Sir!

I am having the same issue:

The query paramater is visible in the app properties as well as in the query manager properties.
However in the Query Manager options it shows an empty list too.

Is this still a bug or is there another solution to it?

Hi @Teodor, what’s the status of this? Is it a bug indeed? Thanks for your reply in advance.

@mgaussie Are you still using the workaround or did you find a way to get this working with the query parameter on the content page? Thanks for your reply in advance.

This has been fixed in Wappler 3.9.6

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.