Query from WordPress

I have the table wp_posts and the table wp_postmeta

From the table “wp_postmeta” I need to extract only the records combined with the table “wp_posts” that have the field “meta_key” equal to “_wp_attached_file”, leaving out the others

That will just work fine if you move the wp_postmeta.meta_key = '_wp_attached_file' to the where condition.

Query will become something like:

SELECT *
FROM wp_posts
INNER JOIN wp_postmeta
  ON wp_postmeta.post_id = wp_posts.ID
WHERE wp_posts.post_status = 'publish'
  AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
  AND wp_postmeta.meta_key = '_wp_attached_file'
ORDER BY wp_posts.post_date DESC

I had already tried this solution but unfortunately it does not work and I think it is impossible that it can work this way.
The problem is that every record in the “wp_posts” table should have only one record (and not 2 records) associated with the “wp_postmeta” table.
In the table “wp_postmeta” there are 2 or more records associated to the post, but only one is to be associated to obtain the name of the image.
The name is present in the table “wp_postmeta”, in the “meta_value” field, but only if the record that has the field “meta_key” equal to “_wp_attached_file”
I hope I have explained the problem well

But that is exactly what the query does, by adding the wp_postmeta.meta_key = '_wp_attached_file' to the where conditions it filters out all the records that doesn’t have _wp_attached_file as meta_key, so no double records.

The following queries output exactly the same

SELECT *
FROM wp_posts
INNER JOIN wp_postmeta
SELECT *
FROM wp_posts
INNER JOIN wp_postmeta

I understood the problem is WordPress
I thought the links of the images linked to the posts were in the wp_postmeta.meta_value field (with the wp_postmeta.meta_key = “_wp_attached_file” field), but then I discovered that this only happens a few times, while in other posts the wp_postmedia field. meta_key must be the same as “_webdados_fb_open_graph_specific_image”
I no longer understand anything about WordPress
I try to study the problem better

That’s is why you really shouldn’t query the complicated database of Wordpress directly but use its API so you don’t have to deal with the complicated underlying structure.

3 Likes

Thanks George, but honestly for API and WordPress, I do not know where to start

1 Like

For the wordpress API see: https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/
Listing the posts: https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/reference/posts/#list-posts

https://blog.domain.com/wp-json/wp/v2/posts/?orderby=date&order=desc
2 Likes

very good idea to use API! I already used Wordpress and tried to directly connect to its quite complex json stored data. If API is connected witb Wappler, then I‘m highly interested in your solution and I think its not only me! Thank you dear poweful wappler community!

2 Likes

Thank you so much I will study

This way has multiple benefits!

• Longer compatible with Wordpress changes
  • More Robust
  • Clean implementation and concept
  • Works also over different hosted mysql servers
  • Risk of wrapping up you query is minimized

24 posts were split to a new topic: API Data Source - can’t pick data bindings