Query edits not saved

Latest Mac OS
Latest Wappler

If you could fix this, I promise you it will literally cut my dev time in half not redoing query changes until they finally decide to stick. It is truly the bane of my existence. I know I might come across as harsh, but this is just one of those things in the amazing Wappler app that should not be such an annoyance.

Please look at fixing whatever is causing this on, what I presume is just a Mac OSX issue and has been since I can remember.

It happens most of the time when I duplicate a previous query and then try to make changes. Sometimes just revisiting a query and make updates also is an issue. IF I am lucky the change will stick the second time I do it, but it has taken as much as 10 tries sometimes.

Restarting Wappler clears whatever cache there is and it saves immediately after restarting.

That is really strange, i can’t really recreate this issue, or similar ones you reported.

Is this happening to all the queries or with this specific one? Is this happening with simpler queries, or only with ones with joins? Is it happening to changes like this specific one or any other change?

Please recreate the issue with the debug on and attach the debug log here.

Looking at your similar issues, it could be your Wappler installation is somehow corrupted, so maybe you can try a clean install Reinstall Wappler from scratch

1 Like

It usually happens to queries with inner joins that I duplicate, but have seen it happen to simpler ones. The one in the video is just a couple of joins and then about 5 items in the WHERE section which takes long to redo every time from scratch, so duplication would be the easier option if it would work properly.

I will try the reinstall and report back.

Thanks

Did the clean install as per post, and problem still there unfortunately.

This could be of help for us. Maybe there’s something specific to your query, as i tried a lot of things today but wasn’t able to reproduce this problem.

1 Like

Have you tried file>save from the top-bar menu? I have had server actions not save from ctrl/cmd+s but the menu did save it

1 Like

Was going to try it now, but the issue on Mac where you cannot click the top-bar menu items for a while after opening the app is still there, so as soon as I have access to that menu, I can try your suggestion :disappointed:

Looks like that is the workaround! Click File Save all! Yay. Duplicated and changed 6 queries in less than 5 minutes. Would usually take about 20 -30 minutes.

Thanks!

I’d still like to have the debug log so we can see why is the keyboard shortcut not saving them :slight_smile:

this seem like an old problem, please try again in the latest Wappler 6 if it happens.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.