Project-Wappler version control for Wappler build updates

If you work for pennies maybe. It really depends on how much you value your knowledge. In my case, being a software engineer with a computer science university degree and 20+ years of experience in the field I do sell that very easily. Fortunately I get to work with enterprise clients that understand the value of knowledge, experience and work ethos.

And for smaller clients I just have to forward them to this forum discussion so they can understand the difference between a software engineer and someone that designs websites.

I assure you they will select someone that understands that patch notes are there to be read and keeps their application and infrastructure secure. I might lose jobs to cheap people that don’t care about that and their users’ data, but those are bad clients and I would turn them down anyway.

The reasoning behind this FR, and not the FR itself, is borderline a joke/insult to software engineering best practices and standards and I really hope that Wappler team doesn’t get driven by popularity and thinks twice what they are facilitating by implementing the option of not updating their libraries to the latest version.

1 Like

Hi @JonL I respect your view in relation to business practices and I think it best we leave it at that.

I’m unsure of where this came from, but I never requested in the FR not to have the libraries updated.
It’s because I want the latest libraries that I have put in the FR to highlight the changes.

Although FRs are opened by a single person most of the times the comments of everybody are taken into account. In case of your original request you are right. You didn’t request that and I actually never mentioned you did to be fair.

However, a lot of people suggested to add the option not to update the libraries based on the original request with very poor reasoning behind it.

1 Like

In Wappler 4.4.0 whenever there is an update available you will see a prompt asking you to update the files or no.

4 Likes

Thank you for adding this. It would give some peace of mind to those who are not on Git yet… and an additional control over updates to those who use Git. :slight_smile: