Project root error

Wappler Version : 3.7.4 (3.7.4)
Operating System : Mac OS X
Server Model: Node
Database Type: Mongo
Hosting Type: Local

Expected behavior

Each project to have it’s own project root.

Actual behavior

Two different projects now share the same root.

How to reproduce

Got no idea. I opened Wappler today and noticed that the project I opened now had the same doc root as the project I worked on yesterday.

Hello. Most likely, one of these projects is copied. In this case, the clone was made by simply copying files from the source folder to the folder of the new project. In this case, the Wappler will be confused and perceive both projects as one project.

Thank for that, so how do I correct it?

To avoid errors initially, you should copy the project using the tools of the Wappler itself. Either in the project selection menu, using the project duplication button, or using the git link to clone the project when creating a new one.

By the way. Thank you so much for your question. Answering it, I understood how to try to solve my problem, which I had when cloning a project using the github link.

The problem is hidden in the project.json file, which is located in the folder .wappler. In it are all the details on the project, which is based on Wappler. You’ll have to fix it manually.

PS I confirm: in case of problems with the interpretation of the settings of the copied project, the problems can be solved by manually correcting the above file.

No the error doesn’t seem to be with the project files as they are different.

@Teodor @patrick @George Gents any idea on how to resolve the above?

Try deleting the project that is not in the correct path. Then re-create the project, this time using Open Existing Folder. Don’t worry. deleting the project from Wappler will not delete the files.

Did you maybe clone the new project from your other github project?

Seems the localFolder path for your development target is hard coded in there.

I will see that we improve the project cloning in the next update, so that local paths are rewritten.

Yes this was the problem. I created it from Git. Figured it out when I saw that pulling Git updated both.

@ben thanks that did the trick.

1 Like

We will greatly improve the project git clone in the next update, so it will work all smoothly.

• All targets and their paths will be reset to local instead of the original ones.
  • You will be also able to give the cloned project directly a new name as well.
2 Likes

That will be great, thanks.

This has been improved in Wappler 3.7.5

This topic was automatically closed after 45 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.