Problems with saving api action

Hi, when I modify an existing api action I can’t save it.
What’s the problem?

Per gli utenti italiano segnalo il canale discord:

Hi Teodor can you ear me?
Please help me it’s very urgent

Do you see any error?

If not, have you tried restarting Wappler?

Hi, no error message and I’ve restarted wappler several times.
The problem is when I save the action (API) file everything looks like ok but when I access the server connect I can’t see the changes. Infact when I come back to the action file the changes are not saved.

that’s what I mean

That’s weird. Haven’t seen this myself ever.
Simple workaround would be to create a new server action. It could be that your file is corrupted somehow.

1. Open the current file in editor - right click and “open in editor”.
  2. Copy the JSON.
  3. Create a new server action - preferably with some other name.
  4. Open the new server action in editor.
  5. Paste the JSON as save.
  6. Try to open the server action in Wappler UI and modify… see if it works.

Also, maybe try to add a new step or something too, to test. It could be that the DB query step itself is misconfigured somehow.

Thank you Sid.
I hope to find how to fix the problem.
If not there’s a big job waiting for me :cold_face:

That’s exactly what happens

This is going into another direction now it seems. The JSON is not storing correctly it seems.
Did this happen when you created a new server action and copied data from the previous one?

Also, I see that you have database connection step added here. If you are on 3.6.1, you don’t need to do that anymore.

This an old file. I need to update. That’s why you see connection step. Anyway if i do it again from 0 I can save it. The problem is i don’t want to remake all the action file from 0. It would be a too long job

Definitely… That won’t be feasible.

Here’s what you can also try.
Create a new server action with just one of the queries, same as in your old file.
Then compare just that part of the json and see where the differrnce is. You might find what is breaking the old file when editing.

Ahhh so old files can not be changed (for example because of a change in a db table). Isn’t it?
Really bad news

I had the same issue working on the remote target. The file is only saved correctly if you work on the local target.
There is a trick. You have to delete the copy of your Server Action under the .wappler/targets/remote folder and save again from your local target (development). Then switch to your production target and publish.

Before you do this you should be sure to have a backup of the files in the .wappler directory

Please restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the debug log. See:

No. I don’t think thats the case.
Please try sharing the log as George has suggested. That should help the team figure out whats wrong.

God morning,
I don’t know if you have tried this?
Sometimes / rarely when I update Wappler I get some strange behaviors.
Try to uninstall Wappler completely by following this guide:

I’ve tried reinstalling wappler from scratch but nothing

if you are interested
this is the bug report post: