Problems when running two versions of Wappler

======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : 4.0.0 Beta 1
Operating System : Windows 10
Server Model: PHP
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: Custom

Expected behavior

Pages should display within Wappler with links to CSS and images files working.

Actual behavior

Initially pages opened in v4.0.0 without any styles and broken image links.

How to reproduce

Install new version and open existing site.

Solution: close Wappler, and make sure v3 is not running. Reopen v4 and a dialog about the firewall appears. After clicking OK to this, all is well. However, v4 can still not be run at the same time as v3 (presumably due to a port issue).

Yes true, running them concurrently might not be a good idea.

So indeed close one, when you want to use the other

That’s fine - it’s not a problem.

You can use both at the same time

… on the 4.00 banner is probably misleading. I imagine it means both can be installed at the same time.

Other strange things happens with both are running at the same time. Eg styles and images from the wrong site appear.

Yes, that’s correct. You can use them both, when installed on your computer - version 4 doesn’t upgrade the existing version 3, it’s a separate installation … So you have them both and you can use them both, but not a good idea to have them running at the same time - and doesn’t really make sense to do so.
And after all the official v4 will upgrade your v3 installation so you will have only one version installed on your machine :slight_smile:

Just clarified the release notes:

1 Like

As far as I can see, the issue which prompted this thread is no longer an issue. I would like to start using v4 more, but will probably keep most projects in v3 for the time being.

It would be convenient to have both versions open at the same time. Do you still advise against this or have the earlier issues been resolved?