Problem with the recaptcha

Some of my customers have complained that the contact form doesn’t work: https://cg-events.de/
I spoke to one on the phone: she doesn’t see the recaptcha.
I tried it via Mozilla, Edge and Chrome, it works for me.

Why is it not showing up for some people?

Galaxy S22 with chrome located Vietnam.
No problems

1 Like

Perhaps if you could indicate the setup of those who do not see it, O/S, browser etc people could be more specific in answer.

Have you just added the captcha? Could it be a cache issue?

Thank’s your reply Brian.

I haven’t been able to set up a caching solution yet (unfortunately it’s not that easy), so that can’t be the problem.

When she called, she could only tell me that she uses Firefox.

Its a known issue with Google Recaptcha, where it just stops loading randomly.
If you run the page in incognito, it will show up again… but in regular browser tab, there is no way to know when it will show.
Have seen this happening numerous times on one of our apps using Recaptcha.

I can’t see it either. Safari on iPhone 13 with most recent IOS.

I can see it. Safari on iPhone 13 mini with most recent iOS (17.3)

That’s the problem… and how do I solve it now?

Not what you’re looking for, but here’s an alternative:

Thank you Apple,

but is Wappler planning an update for the problem?

Because like this, it’s totally useless.
Since I activated Recapcha, the number of inquiries has dropped significantly, and we live from the inquiries and the resulting orders :pensive:

But without recaptcha we get up to 50 spams a day :confounded:

I’m hoping there will be a captcha alternative added to Wappler. Google are limiting all their services so the risk of charges is getting higher and higher. And they’re not GDPR compliant. I would love them to implement non-Google options for all the various services like captcha, maps, etc.

A good looking GDPR compliant alternative to reCaptcha is https://friendlycaptcha.com/#demo. There’s a thread about it here: A discussion about captchas

I’ll post a feature request.

1 Like

The free version of friendlycaptcha is limited to 1000 request/month so really is for small sites, cloudflare’s turnstile is unlimited and even has pretty much the same code as recaptcha, so shouldn’t take long for @George to integrate especially when the original captcha is getting worse every week. Also Cloudflare takes privacy seriously, so Turnstile meets ePrivacy, GDPR and CCPA compliance requirements.

2 Likes