Problem with Links Relative To settings

#1

Wappler Version : 1.9.8
Operating System : Windows 10

What do you think should happen?
When Links Relative To is set set to ‘Document’, I wouldn’t expect a <base> tag to be added.

What actually happens?
<base href="/"> is added. If I delete the file and save it, the line is added again.

I think the problem is that changes to Project Settings are not being updated correctly. With the settings as below, I don’t think the values in the project.json file are correct:

image

I’ve edited projects.json - by removing the ‘addBase’ entry and the problem seems to be resolved - ie the <base> is no longer added, and my page is working again.

Also, I don’t know why the routing options are set. I’m not using any routing at the moment. I’ve deleted these lines too.

assigned George #2
#3

Are you sure you don’t have the routing enabled Tom? Can’t see it from the screenshot but it is in the project settings json

When routing is enabled then you have an extra option for the base tag

#4

Routing is definitely not enabled now. However, as I edited project.json directly, I suppose it would have switched it off in the UI too. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t enabled, but it’s possible I failed to notice. It’s a pity I didn’t take a bigger screenshot.

The reason I noticed the issue is that an important feature on a site I’ve been working on from time to time during the last couple of weeks stopped working - and it had been working without any problem. I tracked the problem down to the <base> tag being added. I very much doubt I would have made any changes to the project settings since the last update - so I assumed the problem was related to the update.

Perhaps I caused this somehow. I’ll let you know if it happens again or if I have any more information.

1 Like
#5

check with the latest Wappler 1.9.9 now - should be all much better

1 Like
unlisted #6
closed #7
archived #8
unassigned George #9