Problem accessing MySQL server

I have MySQL database in separate custom server and my project on PHP in Wappler have correct connections and with access to the data structure and the data itself inside Wappler, everything is OK.

But any attempt to make requests from the local server or also the product server gives an access error

A couple of weeks ago it all worked fine, I also tried to transfer this database to another server and there was the same problem

The error message pretty much explains what the issue is. Either your guitar user doesn’t have permissions or the db server doesn’t allow connection from the IPs (servers) seen on both screenshots.

On the server there is permission in the firewall for my IP and the question is how, with absolutely identical connection parameters, connecting and editing the database structure in Wappler works, but not in the local server?

I asked the technical support of the hosting where the database is located to check the connection and they connected without any problems from another host.
I also tried connecting with the same parameters via Workbench and everything was fine with this connection too. So it looks like there is still a problem in the way Wappler is trying to do it?

So are you sure the correct database connection details are written in the dmxConnect/modules/Connections/connection_name.php

Yes - there was a problem - the old password, not the one I entered into Targets and Database Connections in Wrappler itself - it seems for some reason Wappler does not update this file correctly.

Well are you sure you are actually saving (ctrl+s) when making the change to the database connection in the Server Connect > Globals? I just tested this and the file is properly updated.

I never use it in Globals, always to change in Database Connection section and in Targets in Project settings. It looks like these things are not synchronized with the Global connection settings

Well these are two different things.
The Globals > Database Connection is used for your server actions.

The Database Manager connection is used for direct connection to your remote database and also to be able to alter and edit the database tables.

In most of the cases the details entered in these two places are different.

1 Like

As far as I understand, this is necessary to properly separate the work from production and development targets? Now I’ll know :slight_smile: Thanks for the help!

No, the database manager is not related to different targets.
Here it’s explained how to setup different database connection details per different targets:

1 Like