PREVIEW: Upcoming App Connect Performance Update

The conditional component bug is known and fixed, I’ve updated the file.

New update, repeater and conditional component are updated to update their children faster.

2 Likes

Love it when kids update as fast as possible. They can be real dumb at times

1 Like

Wandavision had updated children every other episode.

I was going to say that I’m too young to know what WandaVision is…

I’m afraid I’m too old to say that in this case

4 Likes

Just a heads up to all testers of the new App Connect - all updates are now available in the extensions beta channel.

You can also easily switch back to the stable channel, so no need for backups and manual replacements. It is all done now in the Projects Assets Updater, see:

4 Likes

Very nice add gentlemen!

4 Likes

But the updates Patrick releases here will still have to be downloaded and replaced manually or the beta channel fetches its files over internet?

The beta channel have now the latest versions, including more extensions than just the app connect core.

So use it for testing now. Patrick might post some additional updates if needed later on.

Soon we will indeed also allow inline extensions update for both stable and beta channels. So you will be able to update the used extensions on the fly without the need to update the whole Wappler.

1 Like

That sounds like a nice plan. Will they be retrieved from a private repo? Just wondering how you will architect this.

Also, this is a first step for custom extensions remote usage right? :wink:

The official stable and beta channel extensions will be fetched from our own cdn, the third party will be fetched directly from github once installed. That is the plan but we are still standardizing and you will be the first to try it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would you know what make great blog posts(if you found the time that is)?

Engineering posts. Development, testing, builds, deployment, infra, etc
Thought process, methodologies…
Refactoring the frontend to latest ES niceties.

Yes that will be nice :slight_smile: - unfortunately we have to deliver results and don’t have much time to do a “making of” - if we had a few more marketing people, then we could do it - but it is hard to find good reliable people these days.

2 Likes

We can discuss salary over a beer if you want.

J/K yeah it was only wishful thinking and I still prefer a product oriented team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@George Are these files from the beta channel process? They popped up in my commit, so just wondering if I should care about them, or ignore.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 8.11.40 AM

No those temp files aren’t ours.

Most of my app connect “work” is done by .where() functions… are these speeded up very much? :face_with_monocle:

The where functions are not updated, but expressions are being parsed less so they will be called less times which should help speed up.

There is a new update available, you can get the update by downloading the file from the topic again.

Hi @patrick,
Just had a chance to try the beta channel on a NodeJS project and found that the browser component isn’t updated on internal links:

Hi @patrick,
Just tried an old PHP project with the beta channel and API files that work in stable are producing the following error on Beta:

Full trace:

#0 [internal function]: exception_error_handler(2, ‘preg_match() ex…’, ‘/var/www/html/d…’, 194, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/db/SqlBuilder.php(194): preg_match(’/\s+AS\s+/i’, Object(stdClass))
#2 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/db/SqlBuilder.php(301): lib\db\SqlBuilder->quoteIdentifier(Object(stdClass))
#3 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/db/SqlBuilder.php(255): lib\db\SqlBuilder->compileFrom(Object(stdClass))
#4 [internal function]: lib\db\SqlBuilder->compileComponent(‘from’)
#5 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/db/SqlBuilder.php(228): array_map(Array, Array)
#6 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/db/SqlBuilder.php(217): lib\db\SqlBuilder->compileSelect()
#7 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/auth/DatabaseProvider.php(68): lib\db\SqlBuilder->compile()
#8 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/auth/Provider.php(178): lib\auth\DatabaseProvider->permissions(95, Array)
#9 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/modules/auth.php(74): lib\auth\Provider->restrict(Object(stdClass))
#10 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(195): modules\auth->restrict(Object(stdClass), ‘’, NULL)
#11 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(159): lib\App->execSteps(Object(stdClass))
#12 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(127): lib\App->execSteps(Array)
#13 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(116): lib\App->exec(Object(stdClass), false)
#14 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(94): lib\App->exec(Object(stdClass))
#15 /var/www/html/dmxConnect/api/security/logincheck.php(8): lib\App->define(Object(stdClass))
#16 {main}