PREVIEW: Upcoming App Connect Performance Update

This seems like a server side problem - not really an App Connect issue.

this is an already working app all i did was replace appConnect.js with new one.

This is how I entered a value for the limit parameter. When this value is updated everything works.

With the latest version everything is looking good to me. I don’t notice speed improvements but that is something I expect as I have fairly high spec devices and I don’t abuse bindings because I know they have a cost. I’m pretty sure low-end spec device users will appreciate this improvement guys :slight_smile:
Thanks for this.

1 Like

I have a problem within Wappler:

old dmxAppConnect.js:

new file:

Nothing else was changed.

Will try this out.

@patrick does this change anything regarding this comment from you a while ago?

After updating with the new appconnect file and reload my most intensive page (in terms of expressions, formatters and appconnect elements)… something goes horribly wrong.
My browser tab wasn’t responding, I think it took 3-4 minutes, then it finally loaded.

In the console I’m seeing new messages:

This didn’t print before.

Also I’m getting Maximum Stack Size exceeded errors:

They’re still happening as I write this reply.

Would love to help, what info do you need to debug this?

1 Like

New update, get the update by downloading the file from the topic again.

• Reverted code for parsing the text nodes, code could cause loops in some cases
  • For several components it is still needed to call the update method of that specific component, so we call update for every component until we have finished updating the components.
  • Updated core component update method
  • Several code updated to newer javascript now that IE is dropped

same issue persist

Check what data you are sending to SC from that page. Maybe you are sending data through a binding that is being parsed incorrectly by the new version.

hello @JonL , there is no problem with data parsing. The problem is as follows;

I am listing the data from server connect in a table. In this list, I determine the number of rows that will appear on the page with the help of a select box. ( ie 10 lines or 25 lines per page ) . I think the problem is the select box value is not read after server connect is installed. But this old version works fine with appConnect.js.

Well that’s what I was more or less saying. That’s data that has to be sent to SC somehow and it’s not being sent correctly, right?

Given that your error is showing in the SC action and your are getting problems with the new AC it’s something that is not being sent correctly to the server. In this case I’m assuming it’s the limit parameter that shows empty and it’s coming from the select as you mention.

Probably now it’s easy to reproduce for @patrick

Does it send a previous value or no value at all to the server connect?

Perhaps you can inspect the request being send with the old and new app connect and check for the difference. Does the value show correctly when you use it in a databinding on the page?

It does not send any value. Only sql query was prepared to list all results if no value is sent .

sql query

if you need I can send a sample codes…

You can send me the code in a private message

• Fixed text nodes not parsing correctly
  • Fixed properties not updating on some components
  • Improved repeater
2 Likes

Has this been fixed? Anything filtered by a dropmenu (select) is not rendering until the select is clicked on.

Not sure if this has to do with this update though as I have reverted back to the live build of the js file and am still experiencing this since 4.6.2.

/*!
 DMXzone App Connect
 Version: 1.12.3
 (c) 2022 DMXzone.com
 @build 2022-02-23 14:11:42
 */

Well I did have 6 months ago… but I re-wrote everything to use MySQL views and reduce App Connect to just displaying info it was given from Server Connect rather than working out complex stuff on the client side…

3 Likes

• Fixed issue with repeater not rendering
  • Optimized more code
  • Removed several polyfills that where needed for IE

returned too many issue on table list …