Preview not matching browser view, page not formatted correctly?

The error occurs with all content pages that are connected to a layout page. Content pages without a layout page work normally and have the html tags.

Not sure if I set up routing properly, I never touched anything there but here’s some screenshots:

Screenshot_343

Ah you are using docker? Have you deployed your site to your docker instance before previewing it in the browser?

Yes, I’m using docker. This green circle means that it was already deployed to docker, right?

Screenshot_344

No, it means the target is active. Click the deploy button please and then preview in the browser.

Hmm, clicking the deploy rocket and refreshing didn’t work

You are probably not doing something right, or something is not properly setup. Close Wappler, restart Docker desktop and restart both. Deploy again and check the results.

Just restarted my computer, wappler, and docker, and it’s still not working. I think it has something to do with the HTML, not showing up, right?

If you mean the html tags you see on regular (non-content) pages, no - that is not the issue. Content pages should have the exact same code you posted on your screenshots.

How is your project target set up? Please post a few screenshots.

Screenshot_349

Hmm, that’s weird cause the content pages that don’t have a layout page do have html tags that are working

When you click deploy, are there any errors in the terminal (at the bottom of wappler UI)?
Also, can you check if file sharing is set up properly in your docker settings: https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/ - check file sharing part here.

Isn’t this a style sheet issue? Perhaps not included on the layout?

Jacob can you post the code that is in the head tag of your main layout?

No, I didn’t get any errors at the bottom and I’m pretty sure my file sharing is working.

Yeah, I think it’s a stylesheet issue - it’s weird there’s no stylesheet or html tags generated when I create a new content page based off of a layout page. The html tags show up in the layout page though.

Layout page:

Content page based off of prior layout page:

Hmm. If you want to send me the layout and content pages, I’ll try to load them on my side.

Hi Ken,

Just emailed you the code for the 2 pages!

Got 'em. And the file displays just fine for me.

Try to go into the target, and save it again. Then deploy.

1 Like

It worked! Thank you so much Ken!!

1 Like

Nice. I’ve seen issues like this with docker targets. Sometimes it takes re-saving to fix. I’ll try to get a solid bug report together for @George

2 Likes