Preview Crop

Is there any way to give users the option to preview and crop a photo when they upload it?

I want all the photos to have a certain aspect ratio, I want to make it easy to crop their photo to the section they want.

1 Like

Not right now, not component wise anyway…

You could:

1. Upload the image to a temporary directory, something like /image_processing.

2. Load the image in to a div with two fields for length and width.

3. Specify length and width and crop saving to maybe /image_processing/crop_temp.

4. Return the cropped image to the div for acceptance/confirmation.

5. No confirmation reload the original image from the /image_processing directory and delete the /crop_temp image.

6. Start the process again until satisfactory.

7. When confirmed save the image to something like /image_cropped

8. Have a tidy up to delete the temp images and clear for the next.

Long work-around but would work in theory…

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm. since my crop would be square I could possibly give them a choice of top middle bottom etc. as I see I can use dynamic data. I will have to try this, thanks

1 Like

There are a few options you could give the end user based upon the back-end corresponding Server Actions you create and what image functionality you include, plenty to select from. Could have some fun playing around and end up with a decent little editor in an hour or two. Be sure to share your success! :slight_smile:

Definitely, I was hoping for the easy way but this sounds fun too with your suggestion. Now I need to find that hour or 2 lol

1 Like

They don’t come easy I know the feeling! Good luck with your Project Rodney! Keep us updated.

OK, just quickly I came up with this. It gives the use the option to choose the crop and the visual guides change with the selection. The only catch is that I want to resize the photo to the short size so I properly crop the squared size. ??

Have a look at

One of the functions available, aside from sizing, is cropping. It can also crop an image using facial recognition.

Off topic, just noticed you are doing driver profiles… Looks like for dirt track? Love me some American Dirt Track racing.

1 Like

Pa sprint series. Dirt sprint cars!

Nice!! I am in Maryland, love watching the PA Posse get it down. I am more of a BB Mod guy but the Sprint Cars are fun to watch as well