Bootstrap custom paths not properly added on the page

Hello,
I want to use some custom bootstrap paths but even if I set the custom bootstrap paths, on saving the document the default ones are being added. So I need to somehow prevent those two to be added.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="bootstrap/5/css/bootstrap.min.css" />
<script srcs="bootstrap/5/js/bootstrap.bundle.min.js"></script>

Is it possible?
Thank you

Are you sure you properly selected bootstrap custom paths as per instructions here:

Yes this is what I have done. But it keeps on adding the default ones.
This is something that in PHP I was avoiding with an if statement, so even if Wappler was altering the code, in the webpage it was not affecting the end result. But now is an HTML page I can not follow this solution.

This is not something you should be doing, but instead you should report issues like that so we can fix them.

Is this only happening with Bootstrap 5? Do you have the same issue with Bootstrap 4 pages?

Both 4 and 5

And what do you see when on your page you open the frameworks menu? Is it showing Bootstrap 5 Local?
What if you there set custom? Does it add the proper includes?

Goes back to local beta. Let me reproduce it again and will get back to you

Are you 100% sure you have set up this properly here:

NOTE: you need select the paths, not just select the “custom” option

Yeah

What do you mean Niko?
Can you explain what exactly happens on your page when:

1. Select Bootstrap 5 custom in project settings and set the custom paths
  2. Create a page, what is selected there in the frameworks menu?
  3. If Bootstrap 5 custom is not selected, select it and save your page. What is the result?

1.I set custom paths.
2. I save
3. In the UI on the right no bootstrap is added
4. I select to add custom bootstrap
5. It adds the local beta and applying the default code.
6. I re-set the custom bootstrap but this has no affect.

The main thing is. If I set the custom path this won’t give me access to add containers etc through the UI. Even if I hand select the custom path from the UI I get the local beta.

The actual problem goes while saving. Even if the custom path

1. Is set and saved from project settings
  2. Is applied when it is selected from the UI on the right.
  3. upon saving it alters the code and adds the default paths on the code (both bootstrap.js and css)
  4. in the UI it selects the Local Beta

Just an update on this. I created a new file on the project and it worked as expected. The issue appears on already created pages. For example, the index.html that is created on project creation has this issue.

To recap
If custom paths are already set and a new file is created, it looks like that it works
If the page is already created prior to the custom paths set, then it keeps altering the code on each save.

1 Like