Preloader Start and stop

How can I use preloaders and how can I programar the end ?

No, you can’t program the end. It just ends when the data is loaded? When would you like it to end?

Every time whem data is loading the preloader is run ?

Only until the page is loaded. If you are refreshing data with a scheduler or dynamic event or something, the preloader won’t show. Only on page load until the page is fully loaded. This works for dynamic as well as static sites. So it’s not data related at all.

What is it that you are trying to do?

I’m trying to create a preloader to wait of reply of slow REST service.

You may be able to use a spinner or third party pre-loader. The Wappler pre-loader is a page preloader not a data preloader.

You could have a modal that you show with the on start dynamic event. Then hide it on done. In the modal use a font awesome spinner and a’loading’ text. You might want to disable close on click and remove the close button and close x too.

1 Like

Alternatively you could use Server Connect client-side and make the API call from the server.

Hello, thanks for your help. How can I use this option with nodejs ?

Add a server action with an api step and the url etc for the endpoint. On your page call that using Server Connect (the preloader will show while loading) and bind the results to your page as normal.

I finally got around to uploading some custom scripts I wrote for loading overlays if anyone is interested. :slight_smile:

ENJOY!

-Twitch