Preloader always on in design view?

Is preloader supposed to be always on inside the Wappler design view?

I ask because I have started using it on all my pages but it prevents access to the data in the design view.

My only solution is to either remove the preloader while working on the page and then re-add it when I am done or remove the security restrict in the Server Connect and re-add it when I am done.

Is there another work-around that I have not thought of or a better way of doing things?

Try turning off App Connect by clicking the little lightening bolt.

When I have had those experiences, at times is has been due to a bad link somewhere on the page that Wappler is trying to load (find).

Additionally, other times it has been a change that I made with the page’s location relative to the Security Provider Enforcer settings of the redirect at the top of the page, i.e., ‘…/index.php’ or ‘index.php.’

I’ve just come across this problem. It seems to be a bug.

If I open an old site, the Preloader Preview checkbox works as expected. I’ve just added it to a page on a new site and the preview can’t be turned off - as @scott explains.

In case it’s a clue, in the version which works, when the preview checkbox is selected, preview="true" is added to the <dmx-preloader> line; in the problem version, only preview is added. I don’t know if this is relevant, but it seems that something was changed and perhaps the bug was introduced at the same time.

Commenting out the <dmx-preloader> temporarily is probably the simplest workaround.

Perhaps this topic should be changed to a bug report.