Postgres need ILIKE

I used MySQL on my projects previously, but for a new one I want to try PostgreSQL.

Turns out, there is a big problem, because case-insensitive search is not available for Postgres in Wappler.

I get that the reason behind it is to keep Query Builder DBMS-agnostic, that’s why it supports only SQL standard procedures.
As Patrik investigated and explained here, the issue is not simple, and the obvious solution has its drawbacks.

I see that users are struggling with different workarounds like using custom queries, making duplicate fields in DB, duplicating filters, etc. For me this is not worth it, so I might just stick with MySQL.

But Postgres is obviously more promising then MySQL and case-insensitive search is a crucial feature for most of the apps.
So I think it is worth finding and implementing a solution.

2 Likes

I had already reported this problem many years ago, as I had no success in explaining I left postgre aside and only use mysql nowadays. If it’s possible to do searches with uppercase and lowercase letters I will go back to using postgre.

2 Likes

Hi Wapplers, any update on this? Case insensitive query is desperately needed for PostgreSQL…

Case-Insensitive Search In Postgres No news so far
But Wappler team in Beta channel introduced ILIKE filtering - https://community.wappler.io/uploads/default/original/3X/8/8/8888ad1afef90fb99acfc2c64cdb4c3b7f97a4ee.png

Oooh nice. Is that for front end only, not server side?

I haven’t tested it by myself, but yes - it’s filtering on client side.