Postgres - Connection Pooling

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any experience setting up connection pooling, that I could chat with?

With Postgres and Wappler we are hitting our max limit with jut one user - so looking at setting up pooling to solve this, as well as optimizing all our serverconnections.

The big concern I have is that we anticipate having 1000’s and 1000’s of connections as anonymous visitors view public pages, so would appreciate any guidance here to support that?

Here is some background info about the pool sizing and why max of 10 is more than enough

Thanks @George - that’s encouraging. What’s less encouraging is trying to connect to a Connection Pool, the schema within the DB Manager just won’t update to it - so I’m left with a blank db via the connection pool.

@mgaussie how do you solve it?

It was early enough in the project that I just switched from postgres to MySql as the connection limits are far higher by default.

There are other posts on the forum around updating Knex to handle the connection pooling issue - but no real answer yet if it’s purely a config change in the Wappler files that we could do, or if it’s more involved.

1 Like

Thanks mate! I changed the pooling config but didn’t solve the problem…Switching to mySQL as well…so frustrating!! :frowning:

1 Like

See: