Possible Routing Bug Error

Where would I find that file?

Right Click on your root directory in the files panel and select ‘show hidden’.

Thanks, Brad. I learned something new. Nothing in the .htaccess file.

Any other suggestions?

Have a look at

2 Likes

Hi Ben,

Note: I deleted all routings from the Routing Panel. I also switched off Routings and Base from settings. I have no JSON folder. My htaccess file is empty (see above screenshot). I looked in every hidden folder and every hidden file and could not find this legacy script from routings. I just don’t where I can find it.

As I type I have been trying to reconstruct my pages but it appears they lost all styling. It’s a mess. All this occurred after I deleted the routings from the routing panel.

Here is what shows in my address bar:

http://localhost:8100/Pages/Pages/Home/Pricing.php

Notice the extra “/Pages/” that are added. Going crazy here. LOL

As I explained in the video, the two hidden files should not be touched, the are automatically populated by Wappler.

Without seeing your code, I do not know how to help you. If you have a multiple page site, have a look at

I totally agree. I did not delete them. Wappler did when I delete the routings from the routing panel. I think it is a bug. I don’t know.

I should note that I have done multiple routings without any issue but it is the first time that I deleted it, from the routing panel using the delete icon.

No, that is not a bug, Wappler notices that they are no longer needed because there are no routes.

Have a look at Teodor’s tutorial and start the routes again.

I reviewed the tutorial, Ben. It’s still pulling up the initial routing names that I created and not the new ones. It’s pulling them from somewhere, I just don’t know where.

Nor can I just create direct links to the page I want to call. It keeps adding another folder as a prefix in the address bar.

Can you make a zip file of the whole site, including the hidden files and folders and email the zip file to ben-at-pleysier-dot-com-dot-au. I will have a look for you.

Thank you, Ben. I really appreciate that. I’ll have it over to you shortly.

1 Like

Just confirming your email address as: ben-at-pleysier.com.au

correct

Ben, it’s a 28Mb file that doesn’t want to be sent to your address. LOL Do you have Dropbox? Otherwise I’ll put on my server for you to download. My email address is Bruce@TheSchuellers.us if you want to email me.

I just tried sending to your email ben-at-pleysier.com.au it won’t send. UGH I am truly having a bad day.

Ben, can you send me an email so that can reply to it? Bruce@TheSchuellers.us

Hi Ben, Just checking if you received the zip I sent you as a reply to your email.

yes, received it about 8 hours ago which was during my usual nightly nap. Will get back to you.

Hi Bruce, sorry for the delay, finally got to go to your priority.

First, do a little bit of housekeeping so that you have a better oversight and then add the stylesheet as shown

Then re-do the routing and the hidden files will take care of temselves.

If it still does not work, please come back.

Ben

Edit: Looks great!

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the suggestion. In the meantime I have done some housekeeping myself.

1. You need to remove the meta tag for routing on each page: (Wappler does not remove it when you delete a routing).

2. You need to remove the base tag for routing on each page: (Wappler does not remove it when you delete a routing). This culprit screwed up the redirect in the address bar.

After I did this the pages starting working again. The scrambled about.php page returned to normal.

After doing all this I decided to rebuild the header from scratch. I created an untitled.php, rebuilt the header and performed a “Move Content” -> “Include Page” and saved the include into my Include folder. At this point I deleted the untitled.php. MISTAKE. You can’t delete the file from which you created the include. If you do you’ll just get a white screen in WAPPLER display but the code is all there and functions well. Nothing like working in the dark. LOL Live and learn. I thought I would pass that along to you.

Note: I am experiencing a problem with the navbar and will start another thread for that issue. When the navbar minimizes, to say iPhone, it appears in the background and therefore you can’t make a selection. It’s a first for me. LOL

Thank you very much for your help Ben!

HI Ben, I think this is an easy solve for you. I just posted it with a Topic Named: How do I make the Navbar Toggler Visible in the Foreground. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks