Populate dynamic multi-select data

Hi guys
I am selecting that checkbox “Multiple” for my SELECT input form group but any idea how to populate dynamic data from database in it?
And if I have selected multiple options how or what’s the recommended setup to store them in MySQL like should they be stored in a separate table with a foreign key reference or directly to the same primary table and data being separated by comma?

This is the multi-select menu and its properties

Thanksmultiselect properties

Check this tutorial:

Thanks for this George but that’s for selecting single option only. I need to select and save multiple options as shown in my previous post.

The documentation George linked to explains how to populate a select menu. It does not matter if it’s single or multiple selection.

For inserting the values in the database, just use an insert record and the input as a value (as any other input).

ok, will try this. Thanks guys

1 Like

Well, if I select the multiple check box prior to defining source text and value field, it doesn’t show the options properties to define source text and value field.
I have to define the source first then I’d select the multiple check box to make the select menu as multi-select menu with dynamic data popping out.
Anyways thanks, problem solved.

2 Likes

Good catch - yes we moved the multiple to be an option in the last update.
Seems there were few spots more to change - will fix it.

This is solved now in Wappler 1.9.5

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.