PDF reports

Wappler doesn’t have this functionality. However, I’ve used http://fpdf.org/ successfully but it means hand coding.

Have a look at

and
1 Like

Also the Kendo library works amazingly well, can fully style with CSS so can replicate the page, with breaks between your repeats etc, just drop in a couple of script links and ‘go go go’:

1 Like

Also check this thread on how to use fpdf:

1 Like

Such a pity that you have not found this HTML to PDF converter for Wappler

2 Likes

I believe that is in Node.js only. I don’t see that in PHP.

I think @ben was joking. But would be a lovely feature to add.

I don’t think he’s joking. He’s referring to the custom extensions available for PHP and NodeJS:

1 Like

Ooh, I must have somehow missed that. Will now look into it.

Be sure to check the extensions section :slight_smile: there are quite a few interesting projects there.

1 Like

I’m not sure I’m comfortable with third party extensions in Wappler given how often Wappler updates. I see extension management being a real danger without a good extension manager like DMX has for Dreamweaver.

Umh, don’t see how are the Wappler updates and custom modules related?
Custom modules are custom modules, you put them in a custom location and they work there. Not really related to Wappler core files…

1 Like

Thanks Teodor, guess I really don’t understand how to install them and the technical details. I’ll watch for a module that I could really use and try to learn more.

This was my first detailed attempt at custom modules. Maybe it will help you get started:

I see file structure of v5 of Wappler is quite different. Any chance you can update this for v5? I copied over the files, but I think the references will be wrong looking at changed file structure.

Nothing has changed in the file structure since ever. NodeJS project have the same structure since it was released. And nothing has changed in the Wappler Custom Extension - installation and usage both.

OK. Thanks. Will do some reading. Just means I do not know what I’m doing at the moment.

We’ve integrated a client-side App Connect PDF Creator component in Wappler 6.3.0
Please check it and let us know what do you think: Using App Connect PDF Creator

Note that more options will be coming to it in the next updates!

This topic was automatically closed after 32 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.