"pchstr must contain a $ as first char" Error in wappler?

Ah, I get it now.

The reason yours don’t have that design is because you’re not using Docker. The lack of Docker itself is not a problem, but in that case you’d need to wait for someone from the Wappler team or another user with a similar setup to yours to help you.

If this is urgent I recommend you to install Docker on your computer, and then set the project settings like mine. Things should work!

Regarding Argon2, yes, run “npm install argon2”.

I did, that when I am getting the “pchstr” error.

Type “node -v” to know what NodeJS version you have. It might be too old for Argon2

v14.16.1

Doesn’t sound that old to me - I’m using v16.

Sadly I don’t know how to help you further. Good luck!

(remember you can try to use Docker)

ok, thank you for your help

This should be fixed in 4.4.4

It’s not just a case of doing an install (on Docker) you need to adjust the package.json file:

I did add argon2

This error is coming after I installed argon2 in nodejs. Before that it was giving argon2 module not found error.

And the password string in the db starts $argon… ?

For encrypting password, I have used sha256 method

Are you using Argon / hash verify in your server action steps?

No, I am not using it.

I am using password.sha256(“key”) method from cryptography tab

So where exactly do you see this error? I thought you are seeing it running a server action? Please post a screenshot of the place where this error is displayed.

Whenever I try to authenticate a user like autologin, or like layout restriction. In such cases it shows error ?

Should I use Password Hash module now ?

No, you should not use the password has module now, as it’s for argon2 hashing algorithm only.
Can you post a few screenshots showing how the security provider is setup under globals, and how is the login action used?

Auth provider

Login API

Well you should not be using the Password Verify option … it’s for argon2 only!

It was working till I updated the /lib files

The Use Password Hash Verify option cannot be used with any other hashing method except Argon2.
This had no effect until now, as Argon2 was not available for Nodejs.

It is only used here and should be enabled only for Argon2 hashing algorithm: