Pass Variable / Modal Detail debugging

Whats the best way to debug these „get“ ID variables, as I‘m having several troubles to get from a table list with Adverts my:

• Advertdetail/Update Modalform1
  • CustomerDetail/Update Modalform2

when one Modalform shows details, then the other doesnt and the opposite. But I‘ struggling with having mostly empty modal forms. So query isnt passed properly. Maybe the variable with $GET doesnt work good. But in general whats the best practice to debug modal/get variables? Maybe I better go with a separate page called updateAdvert.php and updateCustomer.php but that way I blow up my project :thinking::disappointed_relieved:

You can see your variables and values in console log . Did you chek them ?

1 Like

okay let me do that. What are some common mistakes when doing modal work like now?

Can you share your debug console .

Im using mobile phone now sorry but I can check your debug if you can share screen shot

There isnt any error with variables / modal working perfect .

you mean debug in wappler or In Chrome/Debug/Developermode?

Uff my 3 hour work is gone… Isn’t there a way to rollback or restore some previous version? CTRL+Z doesnt really work…

There MUST be some version/rollback control… I messed up my whole page. Now need to find the bug step by step…

I keep regular back ups of the complete site. Easy to do on a Mac anyways. Just select the folder in finder and compress it to a zip file. I usually do this before making any big changes or something that I am not . confident in.

1 Like

Whats the sense of using:

vs:

What is your variable properties ? ( I cant see it in your screen shot )

I’m using two modal on same page.

As an advert has a “customerid” and “advertid” and i got two buttons:

But EDIT never works. Either one modal works, or the other. Maybe I’m mixing ID’s … not sure
Where you said you’re debugging? I got that console in wappler. but shows only copy file success, synchronization success etc. Nothing what I really need…

This function working on 1.6.1 no problem just tested.

I imagine you’re using Windows. I would recommend Genie Timeline for a local, continous background backup.

You can configure the number of versions it will save. Searching for backed up files is almost instant.

Before I make any serious changes to a file - particular to a server action file - I make a copy of it. (I would really like right-click options to save a copy or open Explorer in Server Connect.)

Ok good idea @TomD I’m using Veeam Endpoint Protection but thats on a daily basis not hourly…

You will see all post/ get variables and values in console . First , we need to check your variables from console .

Genie Timeline is instant I think - it seems to monitor file changes. I also use an online backup but that’s less convenient for searching etc…

I will rebuild everything from scratch… maybe takes me less time…

As my Save button doesnt work, I see that “Form” under DOM is empty… any suggestions?

Just for info I work inside dropbox and can restore back many many versions whenever I like.

1 Like

Ok looks like the autogenerated “Save” Button works. Will try to find out whats the difference between the button in the “modal” and the button from the autogenerated form…

The button in the auto generated is a type=“submit” firstly and secondly it is inside the form so it submits easily.
Change the modal space button to type=“submit” and use for form attribute to give it the if of the form tag so it knows what form the button is submitting.

<form id="myform" method="get" action="something.php">
    <input type="text" name="name" />
</form>

<input type="submit" form="myform" />
1 Like