Parser error

having an issue decoding a parser error? The page functions as it should, but in the browser console tools I’m seeing error messaging and not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Here are the errors I"m getting:

And the page is located here:
https://www.hitekfab.com/products-all.asp?category=

You have an invalid expression in you code. Debugged it and it seems to be the following attribute dmx-bind:width="100%".

Thanks @patrick that did the trick. But how do you troubleshoot those parser errors when they happen?

It helps that I know the source code. I used devtools source tab and enabled the pause on caught exception, it then stops the execution when the error occurs. Then I can inspect the call stack and scopes, I go back in the call stack to the dmx.parse call and checked what expression was used as input. Then I just searched in the source html where it was used.

Maybe we should include the expression giving the error in the dev tools console errors… to be more clear instead of trowing a weird not much saying error :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am now getting a parser error everywhere I had sums on the page.

Seems everywhere I had sums on my dashboard stopped working both locally and remote.

Something is looping real bad … same error (thousands of times)

Edit: On pages were the sum is 0.00 there is no errors. Appears to have happened after last Wappler update. Screenshots before the update show sums, screenshots after don’t.

I just posted about this over here! This is really bad and has screwed up my site and unfortunately, I don’t have a rollback!! I spent hours today troubleshooting this and I am 98% certain that it is a bug.

I have a fix for your error @brad. dmxFormatter.zip (7.4 KB)

It was a small bug introduced in the last update, did have a fix directly after release that will be included in the next update. The bug is with the min, max, sum and avg formatters.

1 Like

Thanks again Wappler God Patrick. This seems to fix it locally so far anyways.

So much appreciated!

Hmmm, works fine on my local MAMP Pro server but not on my production server. I even deleted the .js file on the remote server and uploaded the new one.

Please clear your browser cache :slight_smile:

1 Like

duh … not enough coffee yet. Still early in the morning. All fixed. You guys rock.

1 Like

A tip I always use is if something is acting funny and it could be a browser cache issue, I just use the incognito mode from chrome which doesn’t cache any values and will have to call them every time you refresh a page.

If I have a client that is having weird issues, I always just ask them to run the page in incognito mode…

Or just do a hard refresh: Ctrl+f5

1 Like