Overlaying Text on Image

You can overlay any text over your images, using the Design Panel in Wappler.

We added a Bootstrap 4 Container on our page and it contains a Row with a Column. We’d like to insert our image inside this Column. Click the Add Inside button:

Open Content and add Image:

Browse to your image source and enable the Responsive checkbox:

Then, with the image still selected, click Add After button:

Open Content and add Title:

As you can see the title is below the image and not really overlaying it. So, open the Design panel:

And under position - set the title position to Absolute:

We want to position the title in the bottom left part of the image. So we enter Bottom: 15px and Left: 30px - you can also drag the bottom/left settings to adjust it more precisely.
Note - if you want to position it on top, then you should adjust the Top property and if you want the title on the right, then you should adjust the Right property:

Then you can scroll down the design panel and setup the color of your title:

We set it to white, using the color picker:

Style the title/text as you need it for your project.
And you are done, the title is overlaying the image now:

4 Likes

thank you for that small but useful tutorial! I‘m sure I‘ll use that next time! But i think everybody then needs to add

• Transparent 75% black background
  • Maybe even some small drop shadow on Font

would it work with multiline? Or how to solve that then. Cool for thumnails with short infos!

Well you can add background to your title using the design panel. The tutorial is just showing the basics that most of the non-experienced users need to know about positioning elements.
Actually it produces 3 lines of CSS so you can easily do it in styles panel, if you have basic CSS knowledge :slight_smile:

You can then extend this using the design/styles panel as you need.

2 Likes

How does that behave for different device sizes?

I cannot see the Title Component, i am using Bootstrap 5 and want some text overlayed on my image

Well it’s called Heading. You can a paragraph of whatever other text element you like.