Optional date picker error

Have you enabled Server Connect Debug Mode ?

yes

I’m in edge - normally I see more detail on the error here but it’s blank:

Have your Dev tools open and then submit the form to see the error

What are those 6 errors?

The 6 errors were me submitting the form 6 times :laughing:

I have the dev tools open when I submit but it remains blank.

Really appreciate you looking at this. I’m giving up for tonight and will try again with a clear head in the morning. I’m pretty sure it’s a problem with a date-picker in a form being left blank - I just don’t think Wappler / serverconnect allows it

These are Date fields my friend!!!

It’s explained here exactly where and how to see the detailed error response:

Please follow it and paste the error here.

Thanks @Teodor - I couldn’t find the Fetch/XHR in edge but I have it now:
Just says incorrect date value as suspected:

@famousmag - I already tested changing the datatypes in the parameters and it doesn’t do anything. I think everything is posted as text anyway. The issue only occurs if the date-picker is blank.

It seems the date picker is sending ‘’ which the database is interpreting as not a valid date instead of null or blank

Paste the form code only for these 2 data fields here… The 2 inputs

The error says you can’t save an empty string in a date field in your db as it’s not allowed. Googling this returns many results, for example:

1 Like

Do you mean this? They are identical so here’s only one:

<input class="form-control" id="est_first_pay_date" name="est_first_pay_date" aria-describedby="est_first_pay_date_help" placeholder="Enter some text" type="text" is="dmx-date-picker" dmx-bind:value="first_payment_date.toDate().toISODate()">

fyi - the value is being set via a datastore for page UX reasons, but I’ve tried taking out the value binding and it makes no difference.

In your case you can also insert null as a default value, as an empty string is not allowed. Example:

{{$_POST.est_first_pay_date.default(null)}}
1 Like

OK yes - thank you, this is definitely the issue. The date picker is sending an empty string and the database is not accepting that as blank / null.

Is there a way in Wappler I can convert the empty string to a null value, or change the DB setting? Or if I use the condition column in the insert query, can I say to only insert that field if it is not an empty string?

It sounds like it’s not possible and I need to use workbench or similar to change the settings in the database directly.

Sorry didn’t see this - I’ll give this a try

Teodor gave us the problem explanation…

And a solution

Thank you neighbor!!

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t think I can use this because the field is part of a subtable (so following this method: Inserting Data in Main and Sub Table using App Connect Form Repeat - Docs / Server-side Components - Wappler Community

Unless there’s somewhere else I can insert it? As it stands, the $Post is the array and the names match the database fields.

Otherwise, I guess I can build the repeat manually

In case others have problems with empty date pickers, I tested writing directly to subtable using this and it worked perfectly.

As far as I can see, I can’t apply it to inserting into a main table and sub-table via a form-repeat though as I can’t edit the $_Post for the fields in the subtable. However, it should work if I manually create a repeat in the server action instead of using the Wappler inbuild shortcut.

Thanks again to you both

Try using the condition option here instead {{$_POST.est_first_pay_date != ''}}

I tried but it didn’t work (still tried to insert the empty string):

Not sure if it’s supposed to be referencing the formrepeat? If I select it in the picker I get this, but I guess I would need to correct [0] for some sort of $index.

$_POST.formRepeatExposures[0].est_first_pay_date!=''

In any case - I can easily make a repeat in the server action and that will definitely work.

Ok i understand the problem, we should improve the sub table insert process and allow some data formatting to be applied @patrick
Meanwhile you can connect to your db with some third party tool like mysql workbench and set the sql_mode to ALLOW_INVALID_DATES