Opc ua server extension

Hello,
I need a way to connect to an opc us server from wappler. I am looking for someone to build me an extension and easy to use ui that connects to an opc ua server. I would need to know how much time and money it would cost. Here is a link to opc ua sdk that might help make the job easier

Please feel free to contact me at if you have any questions at
mmanimator12adgmaildotcom

@sw11
I can use it. how do I get it installed in wappler?

@sw11
do I need credentials?

That’s a private Git repository, needs credentials to download - just pointing out in case you’re not aware :wink:

Hi sw11,
If all went good with this extension, would it be free for commercial use?

I put a link to download

with installation instruction

@mmanimator12

This Git repository is private, no one can download it (except you)

Download on Git-Hub

@mmanimator12 @Apple @Ashur_3d

@sw11
I copied the files following instructions in the readme file but I don’t see it in wappler. to explain,
i have a test project in my desktop so I copied your extension folder in my project folder and then did npm i node-opcua node-opcua-client async . I see it installing in the terminal but not showing in wappler after restarting the program.

do you have a screenshot of an app structure?

In your package.json you See the 3 package ?

Screencast HowTo install the extension

https://watch.screencastify.com/v/DNaA62ZIJco7KGFP8qTJ

@sw11
Thank you very much for showing how to add the extension!
I got couple questions though
1- Were you able to connect to an opc ua server successfully? could you please share a Screencast of how to connect to an opc ua server?
2- If so, what did you used for the endpointurl? the path to the opc ua server or the full path to the tag/datapoint inside the opc ua server?

I tried connecting to an opc ua server which is very simple but I can’t get it to work. I am wondering what I am doing wrong.

@sw11
I did install it, but the data point that I am bringing in is showing as [object Object] on the front-end page.
Please see the attached files.

You have to press F12 and then you will see the content of the object. You should already have some experience/knowledge about objects etc.

Hi,
not sure what is wrong but this is what I getting:

best regards,
Ashur

Ok, I thing I got it now. I had to add .value to the end of binding.
So, instead of {{serverconnectName.data.OPCClientName.}} I did {{serverconnectName.data.OPCClientName.value}} and it’s working good as far as one datapoint. Please forgive my knowledge, but if I want to get multiple datapoints using one opc ua reader/write, can I just use the identifier # for the main folder? would that brows to all the subfolders and datapoints under that? if yes, what would the path look like in the html code?
for example, if I have two datapoints under root/favorite/ folder what would be the path to those 2 datapoints?
and If I enable security on the opc ua server, would your OPC-UA extension work?
Thanks a lot in advanced.
Ashur…

Hi,
Can you please show me what was nodeid in opcua client reader action? or the {{htnl binding path}} like {{serverconnect1.data.test.etc…}}
I don’t know how to brows everything under folder from one client reader action ! I can only connect to the last datapoint in folder where it has a value to it.
best regards,
Ashur…