Oauth2.php need some changes for the Auth2 to work with LinkedIn



i managed to used the Auth2 with LinkedIn but after having some issue i found out that Oauth2.php need some changes for it to work with LinkedIn. Below is the changes required at function httpPost:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);

change to

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, http_build_query($data));

if not it will get missing parameter error after user has click allowed in LinkedIn.

Thank you


Thanks for the research! Yes so many curl parameters to take care of :slight_smile:

@patrick will incorporate your changes.

Thanks again!

Btw when you got it all working, we could really use a tutorial here on the community about such user case, oauth2 and LinkedIn

Many people are looking for such practical guides and it will be really useful for other users.


it would be just amazing if you could help our wappler community with some screens and parameters/steps how you used the oauth for linked in! (Of course we dont wanna see your private/secred keys) :grinning:


Ok sure will do that. Actually it is very easy but because of the bug before i thought i’m doing something wrong. After updated the Oauth2.php then it work by just inserting the client_id and secret_key only. No need others parameter.


Even if it is really easy, people can use step by step example with screenshots.

You can do this very easy in the forum here, just create a topic in the #docs:api-and-json and just drag screenshots to it.

And put some explaining text with some headers as dividers. You can use full markdown syntax.

The docs categories here in the forum are wiki’s and after we approve them, they will get published to the official Wappler docs at https://docs.wappler.io