Not allowed to load local resource on content pages since Wappler 3.3.0 with NodeJS

======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : Wappler 3.3.0
Operating System : Windows 10

Expected behavior

Everything should load normally.

Actual behavior

Since the latest update, all my pages are broken (in Wappler only) with the “Not allowed to load local resource” error.

How to reproduce

Open a NodeJS Wappler Project and open a “content” file.

For information, I did nothing, just opened Wappler after the update and boom, errors on every content pages…

1 Like

What is the selected target in Wappler? Is the page saved? Do you see any links on your page starting with file://... ?

@Teodor
I tried with a local target, remote target (staging, production…), same problem.

The page is saved. And I have this issue even on new content pages.

No, the links are correct.

Here is a video to show you the issue I have.
I didn’t have this issue before the update, and I checked another project I have in PHP and there is no issue.

Wappler is now running it’s own local server for design view. Did you maybe got a Windows firewall allow question on Wappler startup that you denied?

Actually firewall doesn’t matter localhost should be always allowed.

Did you try restarting Wappler fully and maybe your pc?

What happens if you go to http://localhost:12345 when you have Wappler and a project open?

@George Hum, let me check this real quick. :slight_smile:

Is this only for Node.js projects? With my PHP products I get …

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 12.12.03 PM

I run a local version on MAMP Pro anyways, so not a big deal to me. Just providing info and trying to learn. :wink:

@George I’ve restarted my PC, and I have the same error.

I tried to load localhost and I am getting a 404 error.

Now here is what I see in the terminal:

It’s working if I go to http://localhost:3000/

The 404 is perfectly fine - means server is running.

But in design view when do you exactly have local file links? I means links starting with file://

That shouldn’t be needed all links are usually relative to your site.

@George Actually, in Code view there is no issue.
If I check my page in Design view, I have these links issues (not allowed …), and I’ve checked my Layout page, all the links are correct.

I don’t know when these resources are called but I guess it’s with the Layout I created, but in the Layout when I check it with Design view I don’t have any issue.
This issue is occuring only on all the “Content” pages, in Design view.

So I guess it’s related to how these resources are called…
In my Content page I have this since the previous Wappler version and everything was just working fine:

<!-- Wappler include head-page="layouts/main" jquery_slim_33="cdn" fontawesome_4="cdn" bootstrap4="local" is="dmx-app" id="contact" appConnect="local" components="{dmxNotifications:{}}" -->
If I remove this code, I don’t have any issue anymore of course, but I guess I should keep it, right? :smiley:

1 Like

same problem on
wappler 3.3.0
windows 10
php - spa project

could you share early small update if possible ?? @George

Does this happens on content pages only?

yes happens on content pages only

Ok clear we will address that ASAP.

Is the issue also only on content pages with you as well @ChristopheA?

2 Likes

Yes @George :slight_smile:
Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks now that the problem is clear we can go solve it.

It is quite a huge change that we made in design view so something like this was expected.

2 Likes