Noob / Beginner Question

Hi there, Kind of a noobish question. So I’m looking to create a directory website, the best example is probably something like TripAdvisor / amazon minus the ecommerce feature in the sense of it will have 100s of items listed, i assume it would be best to make a database which I’m not sure how I would get around to that, So photos, title, description etc that sort of thing. It will need to update automatically and show new items on the website without having to manually enter it and then would need a search tool. How would you recommend I get started with this feature?

Can you explain this a little more, how would it get the data it needs like the picture of the product, the title and description of the product if not being entered manually into the database via a content management style administration panel. Do you want the data pulled in from an API or some dynamic data source that has the full listing?

1 Like

It would be a mix, a form that customers can fill out manually if they only have one or so item, import tool and then an API. Pulling data from websites etc

Well it all sounds very doable.

You will need a database design to account for whatever you want to display on the site.
With Wappler you will be able to do the front end design aspect of the site pulling in data from your multiple sources such as database or API.
With Wappler you will then be able to build a secure back end system with forms that can read write delete from your database so clients can add products, remove products, edit existing products that belong to them, etc.

You will then be able to easily add search functionality, probably client side rather than server side because you will have various data sources all listed together, some from the API and some from the Database.

1 Like