NodeJS and socket.io ( Just Wondering )

Also very interested in this feature for fintech native app.

Waiting for this feature also.

2 Likes

Currently developing a virtual auction a need this

3 Likes

Hi, yeah, I hope the Wappler team can have this feature ready soon. Since Wappler introduced node.js into my life, I canā€™t stop thinking about all the things iā€™ll do in the near future. Iā€™ve been playing around with Node a bit, but socket.io is what I really need to be able to move forward in new applications and make a really important difference to me to make the switch from php to Node.js. I know you are with mobile applications now guys, but please donā€™t forget about this important feature. :pray: :raised_hands:

3 Likes

The socket.io package is already included with the node server but it will take a while until we have implemented it completely with Wappler.

We currently donā€™t have a user configuration and default it is not running. You can enable it by adding enableSockets: true to the config.json in the app/config folder. For now the only way to use the sockets server is by editing the sockets.js in the lib/setup folder, but we will update this file in the future and the file can be overwritten then.

4 Likes

Hello @patrick,

We have obtained very good results in our company application similar to the examples above. The completion of the integration will be exciting. Is there more time to integrate the UI with socket.io? because we think we will proceed faster and more confidently with the UI.

3 Likes

Hi Patrick,

We need this too. Weā€™re building a CRM Application. The use-case is that it has to integrate with a call centre application (dialler).

Once a lead is dialled from the dialler, the dialler will call one of our APIs with the lead number and agentID (agent is logged into our CRM) and we need to be able to open a custom popup on the agent dashboard based on the agentID we receive.
(Happy to share more details on this)

UI for sockets would be game-changer for us for this use-case.

4 Likes

you can use sip client .

At the moment is what I need most Sokect.io

3 Likes

Is there an approximate time ?

No, thereā€™s no approximate time for this. When we have more news we will share them with you.

1 Like

With the next update it will be easier to implement your own custom code for express middleware, sockets, formatters or writing your own modules. You can be placed in the app folder, so no need to edit the files in the lib folder anymore. I will create a topic after the release on how to implement your own custom code.

Implementation of sockets.io in wappler is still in the planning, will probably take a while till it is there. Have still a lot of work lying around.

6 Likes

Looking forward to this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your quick response @patrick . This is good news. looking forward

I see you guys :wink:

1 Like

I think socket.io implementation in Wappler could be a very nice christmas present ā€¦ just saying ā€¦ :pray: :gift: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

5 Likes

hello @patrick ,

Will rooms and namespace be added for socket.io? It will also be nice to use with flow component. I think currently we can broadcast only to all clients .

1 Like

Yes that is the next step :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Next weekā€™s update and another Christmas Present? :smiley:

1 Like