NodeJS and socket.io ( Just Wondering )

Oh. I thought webhooks was related to socket stuff. Damn. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I’m also looking forward to it. Because of this, the development of the messenger is completely frozen. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I must admit that I am a bit disappointed that Wappler did not give more priority to a function that many of us believe is a great advance for our developments and to be able to definitively move to the NodeJs technology. I also thought that after the holidays it was going to be a priority to keep improving the socket.io implementation. But I also understand what Teodor says that we all have our priorities and not all projects are the same and have the same requirements. Sometimes I feel like they are developing a little of each thing but none in depth. That said, I want you to know that I appreciate a lot the effort that the entire Wappler team is putting into polishing bugs and making Wappler more stable.

2 Likes

Currently we have given more priority to fixing bugs, so as long as they are high priority bugs, we can’t move on to new major features.

But we are almost there :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very true. But my hope is that with more time spent on bugs, comes more fully developed features, with fewer new bugs, when ultimately released.

I agree with all the previous comments across the forum suggesting that the previous pace was just not sustainable and that the product became too unstable.

I would also call upon everybody here to avoid casually working around bugs—please take a moment to provide an actionable bug report. The Team spends much more time building Wappler, not building WITH Wappler, so it falls on us to report the bugs. You can argue with that approach, but it is the reality.

I appreciate The Team catching up on some technical debt! It will take a few cycles to catch up though.

4 Likes

@s.alpaslan
Special update for you this week :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You always support . Thank you very much .

@Teodor , @George , @patrick
I will have good news for you about 1 month later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thnks @George and Wappler team, this is amazing news!!!

4 Likes

Hello, any news about namespace and room ?

Thank’s

There are options for namespaces and rooms already available:

Please check the docs:

So, thank you for a quick reaction.
I dont find how can I create a socket io room for 2 users ?

That s interesting… how rooms works with Wappler ?

You can name the room anything, if you join a room that doesn’t exist it will be created. When you send a message to a room, all users that joined the room will receive the message.

1 Like

can I param the room in the url to limit number of users ?

up :sweat_smile:

@patrick can you tell me if it’s possible please.

I don’t think we have currently an option to get the number of users in a specific room, so to limit the number of users in a room you have to keep track of them yourself.