Node.js Integration in Wappler

We will be improving that and also adding more integration with the pages manager for new files creation so people don’t create static files per accident

2 Likes

Well kind off, but I couldn’t work out the above example for routes, because the Routes properties doesn’t look like the images above, there is the “Type” drop down option is where I experienced the error.

It would be good to know when to use: “URL” vs “Page” vs “Content” so to find out I tried them.

@StevenM sorry i was referring to this tutorial in my posts:

I am stuck on the connecting to database step. Where do I get my database details from?

check please @brad

Thanks Serhat, I got that far but what do I enter for my connection details? Where is my database located?

The same you enter for your other projects… just enter your database details :slight_smile:

So there is no local databse like MAMP Pro for example?

If you are running your database on a local WAMP/MAMP server just connect to it.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Firebase real-time database

For the routing steps, I don’t have an index.html only index.ejs found in the /views directory.

Is there some step missing where i’m supposed to generate the html file? @Teodor

Don’t let your previous knowledge of how websites are build get in the middle. Just follow the tutorials and docs.

1 Like

I don’t have any knowledge on that, I was a disappointed bubbler user.

I am trying to follow the tutorial but there is no index.html file in my project??

@JonL

So why are you expecting an index.html?

That I can understand :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because it’s in the guide

That guide then needs a revamp I would say. You will normally not play with html files. Just .ejs files.

I would say that node server model in wappler is a bit more advanced. If you are just in the process of learning I would stick with php model and in a few weeks when and if you are comfortable with Wappler switch to Node.

1 Like

I appreciate your advice but for me I spent around three years building my application in bubble and I am so frustrated with the performance and scalability.

I don’t have much time to experiment so it’s a bit awkward. Could you perhaps link me any documentation that could help my understanding on this subject?

Please check the following tutorial:

It is a good starting point for creating your layouts and pages. The routes are being created automatically for you.

2 Likes

yeah this had me super confused also. it would be good to update the documentation.

2 Likes