Node Argon2 error glibc 2.25 not found

I’m on 4.4.4, and I received the Argon2 error when I opened my project in the browser. Installed Argon, which is no big problem, redeployed, and now I am receiving the following error:

I get this is probably a Docker / Ubuntu problem, but I thought I’d bring to your attention that this issue is still happening.

For the time being, I have reverted database.js back to it’s previous version before the const require('argon2') and subsequent code was added.

When using docker, choose in the target settings to use Debian 11 bullseye or Alpine as base OS.

Then save and deploy again.

Thanks George. I’ve done this, then realised I shouldn’t have rolled back changes on the database.js file with the new Argon2 require. Any way of getting this back to the latest version? The project frameworks dialog is telling me all my files are up to date.

yes indeed when using git - all the git clone and revert actions, get the current date. So our update fails to discover new changes as it compares file dates only. We will improve the update process to be more hash based instead of file dates.

For now you can just delete the rood “lib” folder and save a server action to get the latest server connect files in it.

Perfect. Thanks @George

So to sum up. I updated my targets, installed argon2 again, redeployed my project.

I have had to ensure Password Hash Verify is unchecked in my security provider, because this throws a TypeError: pchstr must contain a $ as first char, and seeing as though I cannot see Argon in the Cryptographic group of the data formats, I’ll continue using SHA512 with my current setup.

The password hash verify can only be used for Argon2 hashing algorithm!

Yep, understand that. The hash verify was checked for some reason (I probably did it while playing around somewhere), so that’s fine.

You need to run it as s step (not use a formatter) to create a hash when saving the password to the DB:

It’s in the instructions:

1 Like

Thanks @bjp,

Haven’t really looked into the Argon2 hashes. Haven’t needed to until 4.4.4 update when the database.js changed and threw a curveball at me. But good to know when I do start to move cloud side and off my local machine.

Hey @george,
Should the new database.js file have the const require('argon2') line?

It’s not in the version you sent, the dependency for argon2, that I’d added, has been removed from package.js and I’m getting the Cannot find module argon2 error when trying to log in now that I’ve redeployed.

Edit. Sorry, it is in the file (line 24) but the module isn’t being installed for some reason. If I add it to the package.js file and redeploy it works…

The probem is that every time I switch projects the package.js file is overwritten, removing the argon2 line

Have you used the new Password hashing actions somewhere first? The argon2 module is then market as being used and will be auto added, you don’t have to add it manually.