New to Wappler and Web Development

Hi All,

I am very new to the world of web development. I have never coded and don’t know anything about codes as such. I have learned about Bubble which claims to be a no-code platform. I understand with Wappler there are no limitations with it comes to design, development, customisation and you don’t need additional plugins.

Can anybody please recommend me a path to learn Wappler considering I don’t know anything about coding. Is there any coding language or web development course that I should take in order to better understand wappler? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

This is the best way

Or have a look at the videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO6KNYNmOwBetYIczr71vJw?view_as=subscriber

1 Like

You can do some amazing stuff with Wappler without knowing to code. However, if you were to learn JavaScript as well then things become limitless with this great product.

1 Like

Hi.
Wappler has no lock-ins. And you will find many posts in this community comparing Wappler & Bubble, and also about people completely new to coding & web apps - reading through them will give you a good idea of how things work with Wappler.
You do need additional plugins - called custom module or extensions - for specific use cases, for eg: creating a PDF from HTML. But for most general operations required in a small to medium complexity web app, built in components/plugins are enough.

Like mgaussie has suggested, knowing JS helps a lot on the client side of things and allows integrating third-party libraries which allows for greater functionality in your app. And if you are building a NodeJS app, its also helps on the server side.

To begin, I would recommend you to refer various tutorial out there on HTML, JS & CSS. Built something small. Maybe a 4 page static website. Then learn a bit about SQL (MySQL or MSSQL or Postrges…) and implement it on the sample website. Next, read up a bit on servers - PHP & NodeJS.

Once you understand these languages & understand what the role of servers are, you should take a look at @mebeingken’s excellent Getting Started course & various other docs & videos as shared by Ben - which are all about Wappler.

1 Like

Thanks Ben. I have enrolled in this course, a great starting point as it appears

Thanks, @mgaussie. I will take some tutorials on JavaScript.

Thanks, @sid. It is of great help.