New to Wappler and considering using this over Wordpress and WebFlow need guidance tho please?

Hi Wappler community,

I am new to Wappler and considering using this over Wordpress and WebFlow need guidance tho please?

Can some of you please advise if my list of requirements (A to Z below) for what I need Wappler to do are achievable immediately ,on the roadmap or not in scope to be incorporated in to the Wrapper product release roadmap ever, also if you could please advise the release timelines it would be much appreciated as I need to cover these items off before deciding to move forward with using Wappler to as the basis platform for my MVP and beyond?

A).Be as secure as possible and require very minimal ongoing maintenance (move away from having to continually support the hosting platform such as wordpress.org).

B). It should be able to scale as my business grows.

C).It should be able to support corporate / animated tutorial video(s) (YT or Vimeo), or I can just re-direct visitors to my YT/Vimeo channel with (back links to my website).

D).Probably be able to support an on line discussion blog/forum in future.

E).Probably is able to support automated live RSS feeds for live notification of current known security vulnerabilities that visitors to my website should be aware of.

**F).Possible mail-chimp (or similar) integration to enable the RSS feed to email users of known issues above.

G).Web pop up form to enable visitors to the site to sign up for the free security issues email alert service (above) or receive a free eBook etc. (again maybe using mail-chimp integration).

H).Be able to show relevant cookies acceptance warning messages or for GDPR etc for site visitors within the relevant countries.

J).Be able to track the click thru’s to affiliate links from my website to track predicted payments that are due.

K).Allow for A / B testing to see which page flow / sales funnel within the website is more effective for conversions.

L).Be able to run meaningful analytics to determine the location and demographic of where my customers are coming from.

M).Possibly integrate with Facebook to a certain degree for FB adverts (integrate with Many-chat too for automated campaigns at a future date).

N).Possibly allows alerts within Apple MAC and Windows native message centre?

O).Have a search function within my website.

P).Provide links to IT industry security blogs for further reading.

Q).Support potential to add banners on website for sponsorship.

R).Be able to provide links to FB/ LINKEDIN / TWITTER / INSTA / REDDIT RSS ETC.

S).Be able to support inks to Apple or MS news feeds.

T).Support a Printer function button.

U).Support the option to share articles from my website to social media channels to gain more exposure and drive traffic to my site.

V).Ensure SEO isn’t affected if my website is hosted on Wappler instead of wordpress.org

W).Work fully on most common web browsers on all PC/MAC/LINUX Platforms (Including Firefox, Opera and Edge?).

X).Works well on all apple and android tablets without the need for a mobile app to be written for it.

Z).Able to accept most common methods of payments ($/GBP/Euro) in future e-commerce integration.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Sol :slight_smile:

Hi Steve and welcome to our abode.

In principle, all of your desires can be satisfied using Wappler, albeit with some manual scripting where it concerns connections to proprietary services. Please be aware that there is no such thing as Wappler hosting; the code that Wappler produces can be hosted anywhere, even from your own system if it is setup to do so.

You make mention of RSS feeds. Although possible, it is ancient technology being XML based. The future is JSON facilitated by using RESTful API’s. This is a huge feature that is incorporated in Wappler. See API Connector components, how to use and connect REST/Curl API's. API’s can be used for payment gateways, FB, Twitter, blogs etc etc etc.

SEO tools are available while security is possibly the best around because of an automatically assigned Site Secret Key.

Hi Sunseeker and welcome to Wappler !

My company’s primary website currently uses Wordpress as well so I can understand your concerns and I can try to address some of what you mention.

A. Security. Wappler uses two different types of security. The Security Restrict protects the database tables so that people can not access them unless they have the appropriate permissions. The second is the Security Enforcer which protects individual pages. The permissions are whatever you set them to be and there are several ways that you can set them up. I would recommend watching @Hyperbytes’ (Brian) webinars so you can see how to go about that. https://www.twitch.tv/thewapplertrainer/videos Additionally, you wouldn’t have to worry about hackers or mean people accessing xmlrpc.php anymore because with Wappler, you can customize the login form name and make it harder for people to try to hack because the login form name and URL would not be well-known. While I do not remember how Wordpress encrypts passwords, I know with Wappler, you can customize the encryption with your own salt phrase. Security is also enhanced with Wappler because unlike with Wordpress, you would not need to rely on third-party developers to fix any plugin exploits.

B. I have found that I can scale my company’s website significantly with Wappler, more than I ever could with Wordpress. Wappler allows you to create your own custom queries and webflow, not confined by any structure restraints like Wordpress.

C. I have not had the opportunity to integrate YouTube or Vimeo as of yet, however, I do not think it would be an issue because Wappler contains both a background video component and foreground video component.

D. There is an in-depth discussion on blogs and forums at Blog Tutorial Needed!, I will be looking at incorporating it into my company’s website later this year.

E. As @ben mentioned, RSS feeds are really a think of the past, but I believe they can be converted into a JSON format that can be used in Wappler.

F. We use mail-chimp as well and it is possible to integrate it into Wappler using mail-chimp’s API.

G. With Wappler, you can use modals (I am very very fond of them) to display a newsletter sign-up form.

H. With the notification and browser components, I believe you can set messages about cookie acceptance and GDPR compliance.

J. Affiliate tracking is a good question. I believe that is also possible, however, I have not personally done it.

K. Not sure what you mean on this.

L. I would recommend utilizing Google Analytics for this.

M. Facebook integration would be done through the Wappler API and Facebook Application creation.

N. I’m not sure about this.

O. Definitely, you can set up any kind of search that you want on your website.

P. Linking is as easy as a few clicks or you can set it up dynamically based on the database entries.

Q. Sponsorship could easily be setup with database entries and image components. See https://www.twitch.tv/thewapplertrainer/videos

R. Definitely through Font Awesome and linking the icons.

S. Same as above.

T. Yes, you can add a print to function to any button.

U. You can incorporate the use of an API for sharing of articles. It would just depend on how you want to set it up.

V. Wappler does not host websites, but any host provider you have should be able to utilize your Wappler website.

W. I have had no issues with any browsers.

X. While I have not worked with this yet, I do know Wappler is capable of displaying your website on any computer, tablet, or mobile device.

Z. Payment acceptance would be determined by whatever methods you set up.

While there is a learning curve to Wappler, like any program, I am confident you would be able to pick it up easily and convert your current wordpress website into a wappler website. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have implemented all of these in previous sites, I simple create an audit type server action and execute it (with parameters) either on page load on in a button’s dynamic click event. very easy to do with a simple insert server action.

I collect demographics by IP address and using the Geo Location component which returns latitude and longitude. Also don’t forget to attach Google analytics or similar to you page which will produce extended additional information

1 Like

Push notifications are not natively supported but can easily be integrated through an suitable API

1 Like

Also check out the Wappler YouTube channel where you will find all my webinars (remastered and edited) and a number of tutorial videos developed by forum members, probable a better choice than my twitch channel in terms of scope. If includes everything from, simple “how to’s” through to full site development

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wappler

1 Like

Wappler supports the full bootstrap responsive model for multi device configuration

Payment systems are implemeted via the inbuilt API component. Wappler supports pretty much any API. There are some tutorials on using Stripe in the eCommerce section of the forum as an example

1 Like

Wappler supports a list of OAuth services like Facebook, via the OAuth connector

Also online chat services like tawk.to can be integrated easily (I have done that recently)

1 Like

Most of what this user requires is possible, however, I have a feeling a lot of this existing functionality was provided and utilised via WordPress plugins. If your plan is to replace such a Wordpress setup with Wappler, then I really do have to tell you that you will have a lot of learning and work ahead of you. Even though Wappler takes a “no-code” approach, you still have to piece together the individual bits of logic to get it all working. A relatively simple user registration, login and restricted pages setup will take a little while to develop as a new user and you will have a lot of questions, even if you come from a coding background - generally figuring out how Wappler accomplishes the same things etc.

Please don’t misinterpret my realistic expectations of what’s involved for pessimism, that’s not the case at all.

Many thanks!

4 Likes

Got to agree with this @niall_obrien, some people see Wapper and think, because it is visual, it is just another CMS with plugins but on steroids.

Wappler is NOT a CMS, Wappler is a Visual App building framework which should better be thought of like Angular or Vue.js with a graphic layer built on top to make it user friendly. Whichever way you paint it, it is a programming platform, not a limited CMS like Wix or Wordpress

4 Likes

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay in reverting you you as I have been tied up with a proposal for a new client that has taken up nearly all my time over the past few weeks since I posted my rather lengthy due diligence vendor selection request almost 3 weeks ago, from the prompt feedback and detailed feedback I have received form you and the other fellow forum members I think at Wappler is currently winning out over Webflow and so I expect to make a final decision on which technology direction to in the next week or so.One other question I had was that some of the comments in yours and other peoples responses suggest that at some stay I may need to engage with 3rd party developers to provide some of the non sure website features I may need at some point in the future (such as restful API’s etc), with this in mind can you please advise where I am likely to provide such 3rd party people to be able to provide adhoc small pieces of work in terms of coding to interface with 3rd party services with Wappler as whist is very easy to find people to carry out Wordpress development work I suspect its going to be far more difficult to find Wappler integration experts to carry out the same kind of work and if they can be found the cost is probably likely to be far higher for the equivalent kind of work ?..speak soon…many thanks again for your swift reply and I look forward to hearing from you again shortly if you are able to answer this further due diligence question…best regards…Steve :slight_smile:

With your requirements, you would soon run out of steam with Webflow - one site per license, no choice of host, no backend tools, just to name a few.

With Wappler you make use of the ever growing RESTful API market. Unless you want to contribute to the market, there is no need to employ 3rd party developers.

To be honest, you can do all of the research you want, but until you actually use what it is you’re analysing, you won’t really have a realistic feeling for how it may suit you, your workflow, your clients etc.
Basically, try before you buy.

1 Like