Mobile: New database connection not saving

Wappler Version : 3.7.0
Operating System : Windows 10 Pro
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySQL 8
Hosting Type: Cloud Dedicated Database (Scaleway)

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

My settings should be saved when i click on Save button.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

Clicking on the Save button does nothing.

How to reproduce

Simply try to create a new database connection.

Same problem as listed here: New data connection will not save

Demo: https://jmp.sh/aKWenuj

Report Folder: report_2021-0-10_10-15-55 (2).zip (182.6 KB)

I guess the interesting part for you is this one:

[14352:20620:0110/101540.556:INFO:CONSOLE(151)] "Database Config File does not exists! File: @@installPath@@/Shared/DMXzone/Databases/Connections/null/mysql.json", source: chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/Databases/dmxDatabaseConnection_lib.js (151)
[14352:20620:0110/101540.556:INFO:CONSOLE(8)] "read configObject= undefined", source: chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/databaseManager.js (8)
[14352:20620:0110/101540.557:INFO:CONSOLE(8)] "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fields' of undefined", source: chrome-extension://fjjllfpmlaejicjkpknbdicdakiijgjp/Shared/DMXzone/dmxAppCreator/UI/databaseManager.js (8)```

Please restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the debug log. See:

Thanks @George, I’ve just updated my post to include the report :slight_smile:

oooh you are on a mobile project??

You do know that there is no Server Connect on a mobile projects and you need to define a separate web project for your data/server connect api?

I see now the error of the database manager in mobile projects. Will improve it, so at least you can connect to your remote database directly and manage it.

1 Like

That would be awesome! Do you think we could get this feature for the next update? :grinning:

Yes will fix the UI for the next week.

But what is your purpose to use the database manager in your mobile project? And not on a separate web project?

Actually I was just thinking it would be possible like on web projects, especially when the mobile app doesn’t need a separate web project.
That said, I will certainly need a web project attached… can you tell me more about this please, because I’m not sure to understand 100%?
“you need to define a separate web project for your data/server connect api?”
Thanks!

See:

Thanks a lot @George! :ok_hand:

Fixed in Wappler 3.7.1