New 3.5 sc how to?

Ah cool, I didn’t see that new setting.

screenshots. 1st one shows how it is now, with provider and restrict not in global, i get a drop down of permission groups.

then i delete sec provider as it is setup globally.

now I dont get any permission groups to select

It’s not new Brad :smiley: It’s been there for ages.

@dazmaster9
So the issue is that the permissions are not available in the dropdown? But the security provider is ?

yes exactly that. I deleted the local provider, and then on restrict i can select the provider but no groups. I have NOT clicked save, so it might be a strange bug that on delete local provider need to save for it to use global? dont want to start breaking site, already I have broken email as now it wont send email :frowning:

Ok we are going to check this and fix it for the next update.

okie dokie. I made copy and saved and bug is the same. now to try to fix my email :wink:

Please post different issues in different topics!
To debug server connect issues follow: Debugging Server Connect Errors

Also note that these new options are available as Experimental Features, so some small problems like these may pop up.

will do

Is a quicker release of a fix possible? Important bits of my project have stopped working and I’d rather not have to roll back to a previous version if I can help it.

Could you be more specific of what stop working and post the issues in separate topics? Then we can have a look at them.

I’ve already mentioned it in another thread. It’s the permissions list so I can no longer set them to only allow certain permited people.

Well you can … by adding the security provider step in your server action and not use the global option for it.

Well if you have problems with the new global security provider, just stick with the old way for now.

I can’t add it because the option to open the linked file is no longer there.

Of course you can.
These are experimental features, turn them off and setup the security provider the same way as you’ve done until today’s update.

2 Likes

Fixed in Wappler 3.5.2

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.