MYSQL - delete not working getting .returning() is not supported by mysql and will not have any effect. error

Wappler Version : 5.8.0
Operating System : Windows
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: mysql
Hosting Type: Heroku

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?
I have an existing page that i have added some functionality including being able to delete an item in a MySQL DB (which ive done many many times before). The Server Connect delete takes a parameter to use to delete the item.
What should have happened is the item should have deleted but it didnt and i get the error - .returning() is not supported by mysql and will not have any effect.

I have tried rewriting it, have checked in inspect that the correct parameter is being passed and all looks ok.

One of the things i tried was to hard code the value into the delete SQL and it worked !!!

Good troubleshooting step! Now you know that your parameter is not coming in properly, so you can look into why that is. For example, disable the delete, and use the output of a set value action to see what the parameter is once it gets to this point. You can ignore the .returning(), it isn’t causing you trouble.

Thanks Ken, will give it a go

the value of the passed parameter is NULL .

so the payload in Inspect shows a value and when it gets to the server connect it’s NULL

Not sure how much i can debug

Stupid error - i was using GET, when i switched to POST it worked.

1 Like