Music of choice

A thread yesterday went on a tangent and I had my eyes opened to Aqua’s Barbie Girl as Death Metal and it made me wonder…

What is you music of choice (genre/album/playlist/song) when working?

I mostly go for brain.fm on headphones. I find it keeps me in the working loop quite well. If I need some more energy I’ll go for Martin Garrix. When I listen to rock music or other stuff I tend to focus on the music, not the work at hand :sunglasses:

How about you?

I only listen to Dutch pop music hits:

It’s our company policy.

9 Likes

Mostly Gospel and Church hymns I have a wide range of taste in this type of music, mostly ranging from GAWVI to Hillsong, I’m pretty much a flexible dude! :smiley: :tada:

I can’t stop watching…

This is me playing guitar when I’m not wapplering. I’m the goofy one with the hat. lol.

7 Likes

Here’s another one I recorded on that show cases what the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri, USA is like…

4 Likes

National anthems mostly. And when I want to focus on something difficult it’s USSR anthem on a loop.

1 Like

Where can I apply?

I’m sending you a playlist with 50~80 hits like that in a personal message. When you learn the lyrics and pass the exam you can join us!

1 Like

Clarinet solos by Acker Bilk, that and the voice of Harry Seacombe and Max Bygraves when I’m well up for a session. Occasional Estonian Folk/R&B/Techno fusion is also fine. And anything Gopnik inspired floats my boat too.

1 Like

A big Traveler friend of mine (my wife is from a Traveler family) witnessed his cousin get knocked out sparko at a club while sticking up for a young lady getting pushed about. So being family my friend, who is built like a concrete lorry by the way, stepped in to see what was going on… Promptly got knocked out too. Anyway long story short it was a giant Russian pushing the woman about, next day this friend, battered and bruised, recalls the story to me… My phone rings, Russian Anthem plays (had it set for my Russian friend as a ring-tone for him)… The friend who is very sore and a little upset asked if I was taking the piss, quite concerned I was making fun of him… Just bad timing! My wife almost wet herself.

:smiley:

I have quite a wide taste. I grew up listening to rock and heavy metal everything from Led Zeppelin to Metallica to Cradle of Filth to Terrorvision. I still like to listen to that kind of music but am happy listening to other genres; anything really… classical, R&B, grime, dance (I grew up in Liverpool so spent a fair time at Cream listening to Paul Oakenfold).

2 Likes

This guy?

LMAO poor guy. I can imagine his face when it started playing. Nice touch as a friend tone though!

@dave you are a guy full of curious/funny stories dude. Next time I go to Portugal remind me to invite you to some beers in exchange of them.

2 Likes

Mate you wouldn’t believe half of them. We all have a past. Never be ashamed of it as it truly makes us what we are, and defines who we are. :wink:

I feel like absolutely nobody answered Ben seriously. Except for Ben.

Welcome to the new reddit.

1 Like

Well, I am completely serious.

You could get fired if not. I respect that.

2 Likes

Cool telecaster! did you use a kill switch at the beginning of your solo? Cool :slight_smile:

Must be fun standing in front of such a crowd!

I’ve played the guitar and vocals in a previous life:

For a few seconds I thought you were going to transition to.