Multiple Update Form Generator (was:Horizontal, Vertical, inline)

Whoops!. For the workaround, you will also have to adjust the values in the Database Update step

1 Like

Wow, I really appreciate all the work your doing here to help me out. You’re a good guy.

I matched everything up and finally got it to work. I did find out I was erasing data because of those darn capital letters in the fields (i’ll regret that forever)

every time I look at the query it adds those .undefined values back in

We will definitely make sure this is improved in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience

2 Likes

No Problem! You folks are always fine tuning stuff and improving, I appreciate the availability of good people like @ben to help me through these issues.

1 Like

Thanks again ben. FYI I played around a bit with tables but the time doing this set me back a bit on schedule and I need a functioning “results” update page for when racing season starts. Since it was just a few field per entry I did the layout using columns after I ran the generator and with your help I got the records to update fine. I now have a functional form! If you can tell me how to narrow the space between the horizontal form groups that would be great! otherwise I’m good for now.

To help you understand the CSS that is applied to your document, open the document in the browser (I use Chrome or Firefox), press F12 and the developer screen will appear. I have mine located at the bottom of the page, yours may have been configured to appear elsewhere.

Under Elements, choose the element that you want to analyse and you will see the margin at the bottom of the element in the same manner that you saw it in Wappler. Have a look at the Styles panel and you will see that the form-group class has a bottom margin of 1rem.

The good part of Bootstrap is that you can override this style rule by simply adding the class of mb-0 to the element. The resulting code looks like

Oh yea, Ben does it again! thanks!

This is fixed now in Wappler 1.9.1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.