Move to include not working

I’m using v1.0.3 (Mac) and the ‘Move to Include File’ isn’t working. I select a portion of the page and click that but nothing happens. I was expecting a separate include file to be created, the content I had selected be pasted into it, and then replace the original content with the include command.

You shouldn’t select a portion of your page but just a starting node in the App Structure tree. From there it will be move to include file.

When you click on the move to include button you should get a dialog pop up asking if you want to save the file?

Thanks George. But the nav menu I want moved into an include file isn’t listed in the App Structure tree. In fact, very little is.

ah you probably haven’t included the Bootstrap 4 framework through the App Structure add Frameworks icon - or you have an old version that ins’t recognized.

Try adding it from there - and if you have an old version it will be converted and recognized

I’m using BS3 with a design already built before I had Wappler. Do the includes only work with BS4? Seems an odd restriction.

well Wappler has build in support for all the Bootstrap 4 components and structures. We even have a converter built-in for BS3 to BS4 conversion (it gets executed when you add a BS4 on BS3 page)

And yes we support recognition to Bootstrap 4 elements only as this is the way to go for a long time already and you should really consider converting your pages to BS4

OK, I understand now. The App Structure only recognises BS4. I’ve added BS4 in frameworks and converted BS3 to BS4 but it’s messed up the design quite a bit.

Will BS3 be added to Wappler or is there a manual way I can create the includes?

No we don’t have plans to add BS3

As for more flexibility about the includes, we plan to add the same functionality to the DOM Tree as well, so you should be able to pick any html node from there.

1 Like

Brilliant. Will that be in v1.0.4? :wink:

will do our best :slight_smile:

1 Like

The problem is solved in later Wappler updates