More Framework 7 question?

Where are the toast component ? Do we have to write it in the code ?

About App.js ? When i tried to create an app.js to initialize the framework, there is an error said it’s alredy been done… where ?

Hi Fabrice

Currently, Wappler Fw7 has two implementations:

1. classic Fw7 connection to the project and initialization of elements via app.js
  2. connecting Fw7withAppConnect with element management via the Wappler visual Interface

In the first case, you have the maximum possibilities and can use any elements that are available in Fw7. However, you will have to deal with the code. Visual support for Wappler is Weak, but there is full control over the app.

The second approach makes it possible to work with Fw7 as conveniently and simply as possible using the visual interface of Wappler. This option does not include a file app.js, because we are talking about a plugin Fw7 + AppConnect, which allows you to make the maximum integration of Fw7 with AppConnect. However, there are restrictions on the elements used and some other Fw7 functionality.

I will immediately note that this solution for integrating Fw7 is simply wonderful! This approach makes it very easy for new users to get acquainted with Fw7 and it is very easy to create simple interfaces using the visual tools of Wappler. In cases where the user knows what to do and needs to get the most out of Fw7 they can use the classic connection with initialization via app.js.

It is also worth noting that the speed of development of Fw7withAppConnect is very impressive. At this rate, users of Wappler will soon have an amazing tool that allows you to make even complex applications using all the visual power of Wappler.

1 Like

Thanks for this very clear answer. I understand better … so in the second way, you don’t use “f7 toast”, bur wappler “notification”, then…

If i want to add cordova camera plugin, then i have to use the first way ? if i understood correctly

No. Cordova will work in both cases. The Fw7 connection option only affects how you work with Fw7 and how many elements are available to you through the visual tools.

Further work with Cordova will not differ in any way, regardless of the chosen method of connecting Fw7.

1 Like